Tick Tick

Summary: He's tired of watching him die. He's cried so much he's grown accustomed to it. However many times it happens, he will keep going back to that very same day. He will save Emil. And so he stops the watch and presses the button again.

Human AU.

Pairing: Emil x Leon (IceHong)

Warning: angst, tragedy, character death, time loop.

(1)

The boy leant against the railing and peered down. The intersected streets formed a beautiful maze. Cars drifted past like a flowing river. People walked. People stopped. They talked. They met. They went past one another. They never looked up.

He climbed up and sat on the railing. His legs dangled in the air. Wind slapped his face. He closed his eyes and listened tranquilly to his own heartbeat.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The sky was a cloudless blue. Spotless. Pure. Unlike his life, which was full of flaws and holes. He loosened his grip on the cold metal and spread his arms.

Seven floors up in the air. He wondered what would be the impact of his fall. How many bones could he possibly break? How much blood would he shed? How many tears would he cry?

It doesn't matter.

There was a dream down below. A dream he had been having repeatedly for a while. He wasn't afraid to embrace it.

Let the birds sing.

Let their wings flap.

Let the heart fly.

"Wait!"

Intervention.

He opened his eyes and frowned.

"Don't...Don't do that!" a voice quavered. "I'm begging you..."

He blinked. For once, he noticed the height and how dangerously he was hanging up in the sky. Like a thread, stretched to its maximum, ready to break.

He turned around and met those amethyst orbs for the first time. The boy had a head of sleek, silvery hair. His skin was pale. His eyes widened. Something sparkled.

Tears?

Why would a stranger weep for him?

Leon frowned.

"Come back down," the boy said, walking slowly towards Leon. "Take my hand."

He offered.

"Don't do something you'll regret," he added.

Leon didn't know what crossed his mind, but he had a hunch that this boy was different. Different from everyone else. He had met him before. Somewhere. He couldn't remember it though. Maybe it was one of his dreams.

He reached out his hand. The boy grabbed his wrist firmly and yanked him back. They both fell to the ground.

"Thank God." The boy heaved a sigh of relief and hugged him.

"Who...Who're you?" Leon asked. His heart wouldn't stop racing. The boy felt it too. The beating of his heart against his chest.

"I'm Emil, by the way."

And that's how they met.

How the story begins.

(2)

The bell rang. Students put away their books and scurried out of the classroom. The loud chatters filled the room.

Leon closed his book calmly and stared out of the window. The leaves were falling. They scattered on the ground. A shade of crimson.