Ripples

Summary: After walking in on his boyfriend having sex with another woman, in desperation, Leon ran straight to Emil for help. This in turn led to a series of discussions and realisations on their relationship journey.

Human AU.

Pairings: Yong Soo/Leon, Emil/Leon, past Mathias/Emil

~~~

"So, why are you here?"

Emil poured the steaming water into a cup and sniffed, basking in the tantalising smell of caffeine.

Leon shifted in his seat. His hands secured around a small, white cushion.

"It's kinda hot in here," said the Asian boy, glancing at the cabinets and the sink.

"Just a moment." Emil poured the bubbling foam onto the coffee, wiped his hands on his apron and trotted out of the room. "I've got the air-con on."

"Thanks," Leon muttered as he received his drink. He blew on the surface. The steam dissipated into the cool air. He took a sip of the mocha and frowned.

"Still too bitter for you?" Emil smirked, slumping down on a chair opposite him. "What do you normally have? Milk tea or something?"

"It's fine." Leon took another sip. He trembled when a hand brushed his unkempt side bangs.

He stared at Emil, who only shrugged and tilted his head.

"Did something happen?"

Leon looked away and leaned back against the chair.

"You don't usually come to me like this." Emil cocked his brows. Leon blushed and traced his hand over his dishevelled hair. He quickly fixed his bangs and straightened his shirt.

"I assume you aren't here to discuss the assignments." Emil blinked. "You can handle them on your own anyway. Is something wrong?"

"Can I stay here for a night?" Leon asked, rubbing his thumb against the ear of the cup. "No, I mean, for the time being..."

Emil ogled the boy silently. The faint blush on his cheeks. The beads of sweat still coated on his forehead. His hitched breaths.

"You rushed here, didn't you?"

"That's not the main point." Leon guzzled down the remaining mocha and fixated his eyes on Emil. A part of him wanted to cry out loud. Another part wanted to just leap forward and hug Emil. But he didn't budge. Tears never surfaced his brown orbs.

"You don't look good," Emil finally concluded. He stood up, took the empty cup and walked towards the sink. "You have stuff with you?"

"Didn't have time to pack." Leon responded tersely, "You wouldn't mind me borrowing your pyjamas?"

"I think I have spare ones." Emil smiled and turned.

Leon slouched against the back of the tub and popped the bubbles. The hot water reached up to his chest. He closed his eyes and let the heat drown him. It was two in the morning when he knocked on Emil's door. The Icelandic boy thought it was a prank.

"Leon, I'll put the pyjamas out here."

A faint voice wafted from behind the screen.

"Sure, thanks."

"And I'll wait in my room," Emil added.

Leon sighed. He didn't really want to tell Emil what happened, but Emil did deserve a decent explanation of why the hell his best friend was dropping by in the middle of the night. He was the first person that crossed Leon's mind when he ran out into the street like an idiot.