Meeting the Family

Summary: Lukas finds out Emil is dating and requests to see his boyfriend. Left with no choice, Emil has to bring Leon home for family dinner. What can be worse than meeting your boyfriend's psychotic family?

Human AU.

Pairings: HongIce. DenNor. SuFin.

~~~

They have talked about it, of course. Once or twice. About disclosing their relationship. But every time the thought crossed their mind, they dismissed it almost instantly. Rather than having to deal with their family's reactions, they found it much easier to conceal everything.

Lukas is the first to find out on Emil's side. And that's because he inadvertently saw the sexts they were exchanging. Emil had blushed and denied. Lukas wasn't fooled. He threatened to take his puffin away, confiscated his fridge and sent Leon copies of his baby photos. Emil panicked and confessed everything. He had thought Lukas would disapprove but to his surprise, he was rather thrilled to hear it.

"I've always suspected it anyway," admitted Lukas proudly.

"Right," grunted Emil.

"And how long are you planning to hide this from us?"

"For as long as possible."

"How disappointing." Lukas cornered his little brother, causing him to step back until his back hit the wall. "Don't you think it's about time we get to meet this sneaky boyfriend of yours?"

Emil frowned.

No way.

They have been dating for a year. When Emil invited Leon over to his place, the Asian boy beamed.

"So, like, they all know about it now?" There was a clear hint of excitement in Leon's voice. Emil smacked him upside the head.

"Don't get overexcited. I don't really like how things have turned out, to be honest."

Leon rubbed his head and grumbled, "But you're, like, the one who got us exposed."

Emil opened his mouth and tried to retort, but his lips were soon met with Leon's.

"W-What're you doing?" He pushed Leon away and blushed. He looked around the lounge anxiously, praying that no one had seen them kiss.

"Well, isn't the thing between us, like, public already?" Leon chuckled.

"No, idiot, get your hands off me."

Emil brushed away his boyfriend's hands. "Stop clinging to me. Oh and by the way, after the lecture ends, you'll head straight home to pack, okay? I'll pick you up at the bus stop at three. See ya."

Leon shrugged and followed Emil out of the room.

They took a ride to Emil's home. He tried to warn Leon about Lukas and asked him to make a good impression. The Asian boy nodded and pretended to be listening. He couldn't stop looking out of the window and smiling in anticipation. Finally, he got to visit Emil's house and stay over. That's like a totally big progress.

He hoped his family would accept him.

And just like that, his expectation shattered a bit when the axe flew past his shoulder and struck the wall. He stared at Mathias's grinning face and towering body. The axe missed his ear by an inch. It cut off a strand of his dark hair.

"So, you're Emil's boy now?" His voice was hoarse and cheerful, but his grin was definitely intimidating. His eyes glinted as he looked down at the Asian boy. Leon couldn't help glimpsing those spiky blond locks. He wondered if they were as sharp as his gigantic axe.