Chapter 37

Third Person's POV

Sakura Haruno cried. She didn't care if someone sees her like this. No. She doesn't give a damn. All she knows is that her heart's aching too much to give proof she's still alive.

Pain.. it's our only evidence that we're still living our mortal lives.

"Sakura? Why are you crying?"

Sasuke Uchiha suddenly emerged from the shadows behind her. He must've followed her earlier. That, or Kiba told him where she went. The young Uchiha took a step towards the pinkette. But before he could even comfort her, a hand on his shoulder stopped him from doing so.

Sasuke turned around, only to find his older brother smiling knowingly at him.

"Let her be, Sasuke. Sometimes it's best to leave someone alone to cry."

Itachi Uchiha glanced at the girl who didn't even bother looking at them. He sighed. Drama everywhere. The older Uchiha rose an eyebrow at his younger brother, "You love her.."

"Yes----"

"But she doesn't love you back---atleast not more than a friend, that is. So it is only logical to know you're place, little brother. Come on."

Sasuke Uchiha took in a deep breath and hesitantly walked away with his brother. For the last time, he stole a glance at Sakura Haruno who drowned herself in tears.

Sakura..

***

Sasori's POV

Turn around,

Turn around and fix your eye at my direction,

So there is a connection

It's been so long since I last saw her. I don't know how many weeks.. or months.. have passed since I flew off in an airplane to live my supposed life here in France. I lost track of time.

I can't speak

I can't make a sound

To somehow capture your attention,

I'm staring at perfection

My father wasn't really happy about what I did. But nonetheless, he let me fix things on my own. He's too busy to care anyway. So the moment I stepped foot on the airport, I went straight to Tamaki's condo and surprised her.

Take a look at me so you can see
How beautiful you are

You call me a stranger,

You say I'm a danger,

But all these thoughts are leaving you tonight

We've been frequently seeing each other since. But even so, I couldn't contain myself. At times, I imagine how things would go if I were in a differeng situation, with a different person. Sakura. But nowadays, whenever I recall her name in my head, I'd immediately push the thoughts away.

She's happy now and I need to move on with my life too.

I'm broken, abandoned

You are an angel,

Making all my dreams come true tonight----

"Sasori-kun?"

I looked up, my fingers resting on the piano keys. I saw Tamaki, my soon-to-be wife, staring at me with a worried look. I forced a smile.

"Oh, hello."

Hesitantly, she pointed at my face. I furrowed my brows until she finally spoke,

"Why are you crying?"

I was taken aback by what she said. Crying? I touched my cheeks and true enough, they're wet. I am crying. I groaned and rapidly wiped away my remaining tears.

Why the heck am I crying for anyway?

I wished for a boyfriend, and not a cocky jerk like you!

Sasori.. I love you.

NO!

I lightly shook my head and averted my attention back at my beautiful fiance. Her eyes looking more confused now. I stood up, and wrapped my arms around her.

"Sasori-kun, are you okay?"

I dug my head at the hollow of her neck and inhaled her scent. Her body head radiated.

"Yes. I'm okay, Sakura."

She pushed me back.

Anger written on her face. My throat went dry when I finally realized my mistake. Shit. Not again..

"FOR THE FIFTH TIME THIS MORNING, I AM NOT SAKURA!"

After that, Tamaki stormed and disappeared into the hallway. I bet she'd call a cab to get home. I sighed and slumped back infront of the piano, playing with a random key while staring at nothing in particular. I was then when Deidara entered.

"You seem out of tune, un."

I lazily glanced at him and averted my attention back at the piano key.

"Am I? Tsk. This paino is pretty old. I guess I need to buy a replacement."

My blonde companion walked closer to me, hands in his pockets. He pointed the piano. "Yeah, right. Go ahead and buy a thousand replacements, un.. but that won't change the fact that it still wouldn't be the same."

I frowned.

"Why are you here?"

I asked in attempt to change the 'wrong' direction of our topic. And I know Deidara sensed my uneasiness, too. So, he replied, "I'm having a headache, un! Karin keeps bugging me to accompany her at the mall, yeah! It's frustrating.. why did we let her join us here, again?"

Mentally, I thanked Deidara for letting me off the hook... for now.

I shrugged. "She is my new personal assistant.... psh. Thanks to my father."

Yep. Back then when I was still lying to she-who-I-wan't-to-not-remember-anymore, that Uchiha bastard referred Karin to my dad and told him all about my misadventures. After that, Karin kept on blackmailing me about it.

And to tell you the truth, she sucks at being my PA. Seriously. Karin just bitches around and annoy me to no end.

Again, I sighed.

"Deidara, call my dad and tell him to fire Karin."

Deidara showed me his iPhone and cheekily said, "Way ahead of you, un."

I boredly nodded and started walking away.

"Hey, danna! Where are you going, yeah?"

I waved a hand, "Where else? To the company. My secretary called me earlier and said there's some trouble about the stakeholders or something."

This is my programmed life. And at times like these, I think I'd rather be a star.

***