Epilogue

"If I wished on a star,
Would you give me your heart?"

*****

I hope that you see right through my walls

I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling...

Six months later..

"Catch me if you can, slowpoke!"

I laughed as Sasori chased me across the open-field. My dress swayed freely as the midnight breeze came in contact with my skin. I looked behind and saw the redhead smirking at me.

"If I catch you, you'll have to kiss me, Sakura!"

I stuck my tongue out at him.

Suddenly, I felt exhausted. As a result, Sasori Akasuna snaked his muscular arms around me waist and rested his head on my shoulder, giving chaste kisses on the spot.

"Tired?"

I nodded and soon enough, we both sat on the grassy ground. Sasori had his back on the trunk of a tree. I leaned myself into him and rested my head on his chest. I can feel his steady breathing and it made me want to close my eyes.

I'll never let our love get so close

You put your arms around me and I'm home

"Your mother's going to kill me."

I smiled even if I know he couldn't see it. "Yeah.. you practically stole me away from them at my own bridal shower." I intertwined our fingers. The man I love chuckled lightly and kissed the top of my head.

"They were planning something evil! I mean, I can't have my wife looking at another man, right?"

I stared at the engagement ring on my finger and sighed.

"I'm not your wife until tomorrow.. you possessive little jerk." I cuddled closer to Sasori, inhaling his intoxicating scent.

Silence came after.

But I felt comfortable still.

Absentmindedly, I gazed at the starry night sky and saw that bright little star at the east. It twinkled endlessly, as if intentionally catching my attention.

My heart fluttered at the memory of the night I wished upon that star.

The 8th of November.. ironically, Sasori's real birthday. What a coincidence, huh?

No. This is not a coincidence.

This is a miracle.

You put your arms around me and I'm home

We're getting married tomorrow..

A happy ending, for the girl who once found it so hard to move on from her ex-boyfriend.

A happy ending, for the boy who found a life beyond the expectations of his father.

A happy ending.. for two persons who  found each other.

"Sakura?"

"Hmmm?"

"I love you.. the two of you.."

The smile I had widened when he placed his other hand on my belly. Two weeks pregnant. Another blessing from the heavens.

"I love you too, Sasori."

Back then, I thought love wasn't for me. I was even ready to face all te negativities alone. But when he came into my life, everything changed. Everything became brighter. I felt alive.

Everything beautiful happened..

..that one night when I made a wish.

THE END.