Truth Always Finds A Way

Hayden's P.O.V

Charlotte called me saying she was walking over to my house.

Knowing she had no memory of anything really, I flipped out.

I got my keys and drove to her house, only to find her walking on the sidewalk.

She hops into the car and says she'll explain everything later. The only thing she said to me while in the car was that she remembers. The question was what.

I knew she was hiding something from me before the accident, and when I tried asking about it, she always pushed the topic away.

I figured it was personal so I never asked again. I figured if I wait she would tell me later, but then the accident came and she lost all her memories.

I think the part that hurt most is that she didn't even remember me. Her best friend. That might be normal, but it still hurt.

Now that she somewhat remembers me, it kinda makes feel better.

I'm hoping that she remembers everything.One day. Someday.

We reach my house, and I pull up into the driveway. As I pop open the trunk, Charlotte gets out of the car. I get out to help her grab her bags.

"Care to explain?" I ask as we walk inside the house.

My parents were already asleep, and since they claimed the basement as their room, they can't hear us talk.

"Give me a sec." She says as I follow her up the stairs.

If she lost her memory, how does she know my house? She hasn't been inside since before the accident.

Once we reach the guest bedroom, she lays all her stuff down on the floor and sits down on the bed. I sit down next to her and wait for her to start talking.

"When I said I remembered everything, I wasn't lying. All you did was have to write your name on that letter and then everything hit me. I remember what my parents put me through. Hayden, I never told you this, and I think the reason was that I was afraid you would judge me, but my parents use to abuse me. After the accident, I didn't remember, and when I read your letter tonight, I remembered. I remembered you. I remembered everything. Thank you, Hayden. If it wasn't for you I would be stuck with people who didn't even care about me. I'm glad I have you. I'm glad I met you. I couldn't picture anyone else that would be sitting right beside me. There is a reason we ended up together. There is a reason I met you when I did. You have helped me through so much, and I don't want to lose that." She says and rests her head on my shoulder.

"I love you, Hayden. I always have and I always will. Nothing in this world could change that." She says and looks up at me.

Tears forming in her eyes. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into a hug. "I love you too Char. I promise I won't let anything happen to you." I say and we sit there in silent.

Charlotte's P.O.V

Hayden laid next to me until I went to sleep. I'm not sure if he left when I went to sleep, or stayed but and I know is I'm lucky.

Lucky to have a guy like him in my life.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't remember anything.

It was his idea to write the letters. He helped me remember, knowing there was a chance he could have gotten into serious trouble. He risked it to help me.

It's now morning, and I wake up to my phone buzzing on the nightstand.

When I reach over to get it I feel a heavy weight around my waist.

Hayden.

He didn't leave. He stayed next to me.

When I grab the phone I see my mom's name pop up on the caller ID.

Pressing ignore, I put my phone on do not disturb, and roll over to face Hayden. Still sleeping I close my eyes and drift back to sleep.

Knowing it was going to be a long day, I might as well be rested for it.
______________________________