A Life Without Merlin

A/N: This story is a one-shot for the fanfiction contest, I don't if it's good enough but I had a lot of fun while writing it so I hope you will like it =) 

Ps: Keep in mind that this is the first time ever that I wrote in a Third Person's Point of View =) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if Merlin decided to stay in Ealdor after the battle in Episode 10: The Moment of Truth (season 1) and never came back to Camelot? Well the legend would surely turn this way.

*************************************************************

"Are you sure you don't want to come back to Camelot with us?" Arthur asked Merlin

He nodded and smiled at the young prince

"Well if anything happens you know where to find me" Arthur said

"Of course I know... Good luck Arthur I know that one day you will be a great King"

He looked at his former manservant and smiled then he went to his horse and started to take the road towards Camelot leaving his former manservant and friend behind him. The morning rises in Camelot and Prince Arthur was still sleeping but a face he hadn't recognized woke him up.

"Good morning Sire, George at your service. Here is your breakfast" He brought a silver plate full of food and placed it onto Arthur's legs.

"Wha--- Are you my new manservant?" He asked confused

"Yes My Lord, it is a pleasure to serve you" He smiled

"Of course" The Prince sighed

He already missed Merlin but he denied it.

"So what do I have for today?" Arthur asked George

"You have a training practice with the Knight and after that you have a meeting with the council sire" He quickly replied

He heavily sighed and knew that it was going to be a long day.

Months passed since Merlin decided to stay in Ealdor and Arthur realized that Merlin was his best friend and that he probably lost him forever, well he hoped not, every day when he wakes up he hoped that this will be the day his best friend will come back to Camelot and of course he was always disappointed because Merlin didn't come. George was for him one of his best manservants but he missed the clumsiness and the way Merlin talked to him like he was an ordinary person. He was tired of hearing George call him "Sire" or "My Lord" each time they talk. Of course they have had many battles during those months and in each battle they were the defeated one, the future King lost a lot of his men.

Today was like any other day, according to Arthur it was boring, he was in his chambers when he realized something. They never lost any battle when Merlin was there and now that he is gone they are just losing the battles, some... Well most of them involved sorcery. What if Merlin was a sorcerer...? Maybe we won the previous battles because he was there maybe it wasn't Will the sorcerer and he just said it to cover Merlin... I need to speak to someone who was close to him and that might know... Yes let's talk to Guinevere, He thought.

And with this thought on mind he got up of his bed and went straight to Morgana's chambers, on the way there he saw Gwen.

"Hello Guinevere I need to speak to you... In private" He said

"Alright" She replied confused

They went to a place where no one would hear their conversation.