Chapter 6

Kelly's pov
A day in Battery City is just like any other, but better. I woke up my fiancée, Frank, and he refused to get up.

"Frank do you even know what we're doing today?" He turned to face me.

"What?"

"We're going to the doctor."

"Ew. Why do we need to go there?"

"Ultrasound." I said bluntly. His eyes grew wide with terror.

"You're pregnant?" He climbed out of bed and so did I. I nodded and he brew a giant smile. "I'm gonna be a dad!" He hugged me tightly. This little white haired dork is going to suffocate me.

"You know I kinda need to breathe so we can have this kid." He loosened the hug a little bit and we got dressed. The normal black and white. I brushed my blonde hair and turned on the straightener. What? Wavy hair is disgusting. Frank kissed my cheek and hugged me from behind.

"I just can't believe you're pregnant."

"Me either but it's worth it. Korse knows and he didn't want to kill me. To be blunt, he happy to be a grandfather." I said smiling.

"Oh. I thought your dad was going to kill me." I turned off the straightener and we went into the kitchen to make something to eat. Apparently I'm 'the best cook in battery city that has ever lived' according to Frank. I made some pancakes for him this morning and he devoured them.

"I forgot you really like your pancakes." I giggled.

"So do you!" He pointed to my plate and I realized that I only had one bit left.

"Well I'm sorry that I'm extra hungry because of this little guy!" I pointed to my stomach and he laughed.

"Fine. What time do you have to go to the doctor?"

"Uh noon I believe."

"Good and do you know what next week is?" He asked playing with my hands.

"Our wedding. I know these things Frank. Just because I'm pregnant, doesn't mean I don't know things."

"I know. Just making sure." I looked down at my locket and realized that I've never opened it before. It showed two people, one girl with 'Moon' at the bottom and a guy with 'Star' written at the top. There was also a little piece of paper in it.

'Once a killjoy, always a killjoy. -Party.'

"Frank who is Party?"

"What? I don't know? Who is named Party?"

"A fucking killjoy. SOMEONE IS TRYING TO MAKE ME A KILLJOY!"

"What do you mean? Kelly are you okay?"

"Look." I ripped the locket off my neck and handed it to him.

"You used to be a killjoy?"

"No! I never was! At least I don't think. I'm just gonna go take some of my pills." He nodded and I walked over to the counter. I grabbed the bottle and poured two pills in my hand. I swallowed them without water and looked at the clock. "Frank we should go now."

"Yeah come on. Get in the car." I walked outside feeling a little dizzy. I brushed it off and we drove to the doctor. We went through everything and we got the results. Korse was in the room with us being a supportive father.

"Okay so it seems like the babies are healthy." The doctor said.

"Babies? You mean more than one?" I stuttered.

"Yes. You're having twins." Everyone stood there wide eyed. I had no words. I just sat there. My mouth opened but nothing came out. The doctor then left and told us we could go home.