Social Media

"You know what, Ali?" Shady asked as I did her makeup.

"What, my dearest Shady?" I asked.

"I really like this guy." She smiled.

"Good." I said finishing her lips.

She was going on a date, finally. This guy at the studio hung out with her, a lot. She had said she liked him, but didn't want to ask him out. So me, being the awesome friend I am, told him. He had said the same thing she told me.

"All done." I said turning the spinny chair so she could see.

"Thank you!" She said staring at herself.

Her normally straight black and red hair was pulled away from her face and curled. She didn't have her everyday makeup on. It was more like special occasion makeup.

She was wearing a black dress that ended at her mid thigh, and had spaghetti straps.

"You're welcome." I said just before there was a knock on the door.

We were at her house. I told her to wait in her room while I had a little chit chat with this Greg dude.

"Come in." I said opening the door.

"Ali." He greeted me.

"So, we're just going to go through some ground rules." I said as we walked into the kitchen.

"Okay." He seemed confused.

"No touching her in inappropriate places. No seduction. And...if you hurt her, you deal with me. I may seem all cheerful and harmless in the studio or when we hang out, but I will make you wish you didn't hurt her." I let momma bear come out of hibernation.

"Yes ma'am." He seemed shaken up.

"Shady!" I called.

She walked into the room and Greg's eyes roamed her body. I kicked him as a warning. He looked at me and I glared back.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Shady. Be safe kids." I hugged her.

"We will." She hugged back.

They left and I locked her house then returned home. Claire was in the kitchen smiling like an idiot.

"Yo sista." I said in a gangster tone.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Why you so smiley?"

"I'm happy." She stated.

"I hope Shady is too."

"Did you unleash momma bear?" Claire asked smirking.

That's my old Claire. "Oh yes. Momma bear made her hideous appearance." I laughed.

"Good. Shady deserves the best."

"So, dress shopping tomorrow." I elbowed her wiggling my eyebrows.

"Yeah, and your dresses are in so we'll pick them up after we're done." She said.

"Are you going to let Seth see it?" I asked.

"Hell no! He's gotta wait like the rest of the people."

"I don't have to, none of the girls do." I laughed.

"You're an exception." She said. "I need you guys to help pick."

We talked a little more before we decided to watch a movie. My Big Fat Greek Wedding played as we slowly fell asleep. Andy and Seth were out with the guys having fun.