-Did The Player Just Get Played?!

.

TESSA’S POV

.

‘Strike me down with a rolling pin and call me Sheba –,’

‘Your name is Sheba,’ I interrupt.

‘It’s Tessa Bell!’ Sheba continues, as if I hadn’t interrupted, grinning all over her face. ‘Oh, I’d hug you right now – where’ve you been and how did you get so beautiful?’

‘Oh, gee, thanks,’ I tell her, grinning as I fidget with my books. ‘What – was I ugly before?’

Sheba gets flustered, blushing madly. ‘So what brings you back?’

‘Trying to change the subject, are we, Sheba?’ I joke. Taking pity on her, I say, ‘Australia was too hot.’

‘It’s seventy degrees outside, darling,’ Sheba grins.

As she fills out my details and chats away about her cheating husband and crazy children, I can’t help but smile at her warmly. It’s good to know I’ve made a friend, already.

Even if she’s a receptionist.

And has mad roots.

.

Eyes of every shape and colour fix themselves on me as I walk in homeroom. Shoulders back, I think, remembering Emma’s tips, head high, chin up, inhale.

Someone wolf-whistles.

Crap, I forgot to exhale!

The class turns to the back, bursting into raucous laughter as the wolf-whistler winks at me.

Oh, god.

No. Please. No. Why?

What did I do?

Did I forget to say goodbye to the orphans in Australia? Was it the fact that I broke the nextdoor neighbour’s lamp?

I swear, I didn’t mean to! And I was always going to pay it back! I just never got around to it!

I never karma was that bad!

I was seven, for god’s sake!

Because, Jace freaking Carson is winking at me. He’s whistling at me. Wolf-whistling at me.

Me. Tessa Bell.

The same girl he hurt on her birthday.

The same girl he made leave the entire country.

Why?

I’ll replace the lamp!

‘Excuse me!’ someone snaps their fingers rudely in my face and I blink.

Oh, crap, me and my daydreaming – I swore I was going to stop.

‘Did you, now?’

Did I say that out loud?

‘Yes, you did.’

Again?

‘Again.’

The teacher looks amused, but still stern. ‘You’re late,’ he says shortly.

‘Blame Sheba,’ I interrupt, putting up my hands, biting my lip. ‘Um, I meant – Mrs – crap, what’s her surname?’

‘I don’t know Sheba’s surname, but I get where you’re coming from,’ the teacher tells me. ‘Do me a favour and sit down, will you?’

I give him a quick, grateful smile and obediently sweep my eyes across the room, stomach turning as I realise the only free space is the one next to ... Jace.

Oh, God.

Am I being punked?

Is Ashton Kutcher gonna come out?

Did Daddy put me in another T.V competition again? I told him, after the last time, no. I will not come into 16 and Pregnant.

For one thing, I’m not sixteen. Another, I’M NOT PREGNANT.

I slowly trudge up the classroom, as if I’m on my way to my doom. Which, if you think about it, yeah, I kind of am.

Jace = doom.

A pretty hot as hell, spicy kind of doom but doom, nonetheless.

As I turn the corner to take my seat, I feel a sudden, sharp hand on my ass. Oh, hell no. Beyonce bitch mode up and running.

Hold me back.

‘Excuse me,’ I say and my voice is sharp, cold. ‘What the hell do you think you’re doing?’

Ow, I wince in my head. That hurts.

I suddenly feel all eyes on me but because I’ve suddenly become the highlight of the day, this doesn’t bother me like it normally would. A sudden rage burns within my veins and it hardly bothers me that he’s Jace Carson, the manwhore, and I’m Tessa Bell, the nerd.

Jace chuckles softly under his breath. ‘Sit down, princess,’ he tells me. ‘You’re embarrassing yourself.’

I scoff. Princess? I’ll show him princess.

Smiling coyly, I drop my bag before slowly, ever-so-slowly, bending down to meet him eye to eye. He looks slightly startled as I put a hand on his muscled arm. The muscles almost make me forget my name, my age and what I’m doing on Earth.

Oh my god, what am I doing?

This is Jace Carson. My hands are burning.

I’m going to die. He’s going to kill me.

That’s it. I’m dying. Give me a nice funeral.

Daddy, I’m sorry for using the emergency credit card to buy the latest pair of Jimmi Choos.

And I’m sorry I’ve never actually worn them.

‘Don’t let the class stop you,’ Jace mutters, breaking into my thoughts, thinking mistakenly that it is the class’s attention that stops me from moving further.

I smile softly at him and squeeze his biceps, dragging out my breaths so my chest heaves in front of him. He seems transfixed and I swear, his eyes are going to drop out as I lean in towards him. My lips move towards his lips slowly, just millimetres apart from touching and he breathes in, closing his eyes.

Smirking, I move my lips to his ears and whisper, ‘Bad luck, Carson. I don’t do manwhores.’

I wink at his look of disbelief mingling in with shock and laughing, collapse in my seat smugly. The class break into laughter at Jace’s humiliation and it’s only when he glares at them angrily, a sharp flicker of fury flashing through his eyes, that they finally stop.

Class begins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sooo what you think? so far...

i really want to put up a cast but i have no one in mind- any suggestions, please comment below.

dont forget to vote and follow me 

ly ick xo