-Two Years Ago

TWO YEARS EARLIER...

Jace Carson smirks at me, cold eyes emotionless.

‘Um,’ I bite my lip. ‘Hi?’

‘Hello, Tessa,’ Jace says casually and even though the greeting is fairly polite, his face is sneering and full of hatred.

My grip tightens around my books and I blink. Whoa. Where did that group of boys come from?

Jace’s main group of guys suddenly pop up, surrounding me in the blink of an eye, so close I can hardly breathe and my teeth bite down so hard on my lips in nervousness, I actually draw blood.

‘See, Tess,’ Jace continues, swiftly blocking any escape. ‘I hear things. And see things.’

‘Nice to know your hearing and sight is in working order,’ I say, giving a small smile.

Jace chuckles warmly but then the smile drops, fast, and he grabs my arm, eyes flashing with fury. ‘Apparently, you made the worst decision ever.’

‘Really?’ I say quietly, as his grip tightens and I wonder what kind of bruises he’ll leave.

‘Mmm, yes,’ Jace gives me a little shake. ‘You decided to tell the head teacher that big, bad Jace is bullying you and giving you a hard time.’

The guys around me are silent, edging closer to me by the second, and the atmosphere is tense.

‘Just know,’ I interrupt, ‘that I have had amnesia and brain damage these last couple of weeks and I’ve got a cousin who’s a compulsive liar so he’s sort of influencing me and it’s totally not my fault so you should let me go home, now, please?’

Jace laughs and chucks me under the chin. ‘You’re funny. Really,’ he tells me and then the smile drops again. ‘But I don’t believe you.’

‘Fine, I’ve got an evil twin sister who likes to mess around with my life – you don’t know her,’ I say quickly.

Jace scowls. ‘I’m not amused anymore, Tessa.’

.

‘Mum, Dad,’ I stumble inside the mansion, sobbing blindly. ‘I’ve made up my mind – I want to leave!’

The surprise birthday party for me is ruined but I don’t care. I can’t do this anymore.

- hey guyss, i know i know and im veeeery sorry its a shit start but i promise it will get better!!! 

let me guess not a very big fan of Jace?- whatta bully, poor tess 

i'll update soon promisee 

btw im gunna just add loads of random songs at the side nothing related to the chapters but yeahh 

lots of lovee ick xo