Homesick

The sun was up, about 8:00 in the morning, and F1 was back at the Plains. I went inside.
"Where were you?" 'Mom' asked. "I slept outside. That bed was too soft and squishy." I said. "Who's on your shoulder?" 'Dad' asked. "Umm, this is a shiny Ratatta I met. I'm taking care of it because I found it abandoned." "And where did you find it?" He asked. "Uhh," I don't want to tell them I went to that old house, or they would put me on 24/7 watch. "I looked up a tree and found it! He didn't know how to climb down, so I climbed the tree to get him!" I said. "Well, we're going to have you go to school today, with Isabell." 'Mom' said. "I don't think you can bring Ratatta with you." "School?" I asked. "It's a place where you learn things like history or science." 'Dad' explained. "O..k?" I said.
Someone rang the doorbell, then knocked on it furiously.
"Vee? Are you there?! If I wait any longer were going to be late!!" She yelled through the door. "Wait, Late? I don't get it." I said. "School starts at a specific time." 'Dad' said. "What?!" I said. "It's true all right. I was almost always late for school back in the day.." She said, almost trailing off in her thoughts. I grabbed something called a pencil, and Ratatta jumped on my shoulder. "Bye!" I said, and I rushed out the door not really knowing why. "Follow me!" Isabell said. "Unless you want to ride on the pegs.." She said, gesturing to the back of her bike. I decided to try it, and since I didn't know where the 'school' was.
We arrived at this huge building, and Isabell was dragging me inside. I hesitated a little bit, because I've never been in such a huge place before. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!" She said, and started to drag me in by my shoulder sleeve. "Wow, she's rough." Ratatta said. "Yeah, there's been so many changes since I ran away." I whispered. Isabell pushed me into a classroom with kids, quietly working at their seats. A lady looked up from her desk. "Ahh, Miss Isabell, who did you bring to class?" She said, standing up. Almost all the kids looked over at me. "Her name is Vee!" She said. "Miss Vee, eh? Who's your friend sitting on your shoulder, Miss Vee?" The lady started to glare, and I didn't like that. "Umm, my Ratatta." I said. More of the kids started to look up. "Very well. Take a seat, both of you." She said. Isabell dragged me to two seats next to each other, sitting me down in one. The lady started talking about things I didn't understand. I heard some beeping noises, and the roof started to talk!!
"Attention students, Cross Country, Football, and Baseball sign-ups have begun. Please meet the office after school for more details." Then there was more beeping, and it silenced. "What was that?" I said. "Oh, I think you'll fall in love with Cross Country! It's all about running, and racing sometimes too! There's going to be professionals coming to a pep rally right before school ends!" Isabell explained. "Wow, I didn't know roofs could talk!" Ratatta said. "Yeah, it's weird." I whispered. The bell rang, and Isabell was once again dragging me to the next 'classroom'. Why is there so many anyway?
Fast Forward, Pep Rally;
There was drums beating, music playing, so loudly I swear every beat I heard I could feel in my chest. Ratatta was having a hard time too. I decided to sneak out and take a walk in the hallway. "That was so loud, I could barely hear myself think! I wish that never happens again." Ratatta said. "You know, I actually really miss the Plains. It was so quiet and peaceful there. This place has things so loud I could barely hear myself think too!" I said. I started to feel really, really weak. I sat down. "Are you ok, Vee?" Ratatta asked. "Yeah, I'm just, tired, I guess." I said. I started to sweat. "Wow, it's, really.." I was out of breath, like I was running for ten days straight. I felt a lump in my throat. "Take it easy, ok? I'll try to find some help." Ratatta said, and it started running back to the Pep Rally. I really do feel bad for him, going back there to that loud place for me. I felt really bad. I had a headache, and my body felt paralyzed. Trust me, I've had that feeling before. I tried to get up, and forced myself to walk. I've never felt like this before. "Vee!" I heard Isabell's voice down the hallway, and saw Ratatta running beside her. I finally just let myself fall to the ground, and then everything went black.