Camp Jonas

Author's Notes:

Just a lil fun chappy.

__________________

Me and Joe were finally about to get comfy on my bedroom floor, after I had taken my night time shot and checked my blood sugar.

Jess *sitting down next to Joe on the floor*

Joe "You ok?"

Jess *smile* "Yup. 143."

Joe "Nice." *high fives Jess*

Jess *just sits there smiling at Joe*

Joe "What? Admiring my shiny hair again?" *grins, flips his hair dramatically*

Jess *shakes head, giggles* "No....just...I'm...happy? *serious* I know a lot of stuff has happened in the past week, and I really do feel bad still about Jack but it all just kinda...."

Joe "...seems to make sense in the end?" *smiles*

Jess *smiles* "Yeah."

Joe *nods* "I can see that."

Jess *looks down*

Joe "What's wrong?"

Jess "Do you think mom meant what she said?"

Joe "About what?"

Jess "You know, how all her gray hairs are because of us?"

Joe "Hey, dudette, she has like 5 gray hairs, *smiles* and she loves our clumsy, troublesome butts."

Jess "I don't know...I mean, I know she loves us...obviously...I mean she hasn't given us up for adoption yet..."

Joe *smiles* "I think 'The Polite Troublesome Twosome' has a charming ring to it." *grins*

Jess "Joe, I'm being serious."

Joe *sighs* "I know. Sorry. All I'm saying is, don't worry about it. We make mom's life interesting...think how boring it would be if we were just like Nick and Kev....I mean she would have nothing to worry about...and that's kinda a mom's job...so.."

Jess "We're keeping her employed?" *laughs a little*

Joe *laughs* "Exactly."

Jess *still not sure*

Joe "Hey, dudette, if it'll make you feel any better, we can talk to her tomorrow about it, k?"

Jess "OK..."

Joe *gives Jess a look*

Jess *shifty eyes, smiles* "What?"

Joe *raises eyesbrows* "Well...???" *big grin*

Jess "Want....a....hug???"

Joe "Oh boy, I thought you'd never ask....*sighs*...if you insist." *wraps his arm around Jess*

Jess *giggles*

Joe *breaks hug* "So..."

Jess "Soooooo???"

Joe "What do you and Nick usually do when you camp out?"

Jess *shakes head* "That's between me and Nicky."

Joe *pouts*

Jess *puts on Joe's shoulder, smiles* "No, no, I want this to be our night...our own camp out..."

Joe *smiles*

Jess *takes hand off of Joe's shoulder* "So...what do you wanna do?"

Joe "Hmm...let me think!"

Jess "No, no, no, don't even think about...thinking! We always end up in trouble!"

Joe *grins, wiggles eyebrows*

Jess *O_O* "Noooo....Joseph!...Don't even think abou-..."

*Joe tickles Jess*

Jess *squeals*

Joe *covers Jess' mouth with his hand*

Mom *knocks, peaks head in* "Kids, I need you to keep it down a-...*whisper yells* JOSEPH!"

Joe *lets go off Jess*

Jess *giggles* "It's fine, mom, we were just messing around..."

Mom *sigh* "Alright, well, it's late, so just settle down, I don't mind you two talking but no more monkey business, and at least think about getting some sleep soon...busy day tomorrow." *smiles*

Joe & Jess "Night, mom!"

Mom *walks over to kiss Joe & Jess good night* "Good night, you two. Love you both."

Joe & Jess "Love you, too, mom!" *both smile*

Mom *about to leave, looks over shoulder* "And Joe's right."

Jess *confused, cocks head to the side* "About what?"

Mom "You two DO make my life interesting. Don't get me wrong, you have definitely been the cause of some mini heart attacks but I love you two just the way you are and am very proud of you." *smiles*

Joe and Jess *look at each other, smile*

Mom "Night!" *leaves*

Jess *lets herself fall backwards onto the pillows and blankets, sighs happily*

Joe *does the same, turns head towards Jess*

Jess "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you were right, I was wrong. You rock. You're the best...there I said it. Happy?" *grins*

Joe *kisses Jess' cheek, grins* "YESSS!!!"

Believe it or not, not much happened after that. We just laid there and talked for a little while longer, mainly about how excited we were for tour and how much we would miss home once we were gone. We talked about the song we wrote, video games, accidents, cartoons, why Barney would never invite Godzilla to his birthday party, and much more. I'm not sure when we finally fell asleep but it doesn't really matter....either way morning came way too fast but it was alright, because mine and Joe's lil' camp out was totally worth it...and we didn't even break anything.

End Notes:

Just a little bonding chapter for all you Team Troublesome Twosome supporters :D Just to kind of tie it all together...

I also wanted to show that calmer side of Joe and Jess a little more, and that Jess really does look up to Joe as her big brother, and just how Joe does adore his baby sister.

Hope you liked it :)

Radio Disney interview coming up...which was another pivotal moment in this story (besides the pool party). Live chat, birthday, tour preps...etc are you ready?