Chapter 2

*Alexis' P.O.V*

           Finally I'm finished work for the day! I walk home and see Paisley is making dinner.

              "Hey! How was work?" She asks looking away from whatever she's stirring for a brief moment. "Some guy hit me in the head with his balls." I groan. "WAIT WHAT?!" she screeches. "Ping pong balls! His ping pong balls! Dirty minded child!" I laugh. I like to annoy Paisley by calling her child because she's a month younger than me.

              We eat dinner, which was spaghetti Bolognese, while chatting about our days.  "Dinner was so good! Thanks Paisley!" I smile. "No problem. I'm going to Skype Niall. What are you doing?" She asks. Oh yeah. Paisley is dating Niall Horan from One Direction. She's from Mullingar and they went to school together. Niall's on tour so they Skype a lot. "I'm going to go for a swim in the lake. Maybe over to the island. I'll see." I tell her as I run upstairs.

                I change into my bikini (a/n in media) and take off all my makeup. I don't wear much to work but still. I quickly put my hair into a messy French braid and throw on a cover-up.

                 I walk down to the lake and leave my cover-up on a bench in front of my house

                 I walk down to the lake and leave my cover-up on a bench in front of my house. I get into the lake and swim for a little.

                I notice a boy sitting on the rocks by himself. I swim over to see if he's okay. Oh gosh. It's the same guy from earlier. "You okay?" I ask going over and sitting next to him. "Yeah. Just trying to write some music." He says smiling. "No inspiration?" I ask. He nods looking down at his guitar and notebook. "Come with me." I sigh getting up.

           I walk back towards my house with him following. I untie my boat from it's post. "Come on! I know what I'm doing!" I laugh as I look at the hesitant boy still standing on the shore. He climbs into the boat.

               I drive the boat over towards the island. It's a big enough island in the middle of the lake, that's mostly covered with plants. There's sand and rocks on the edges though.

            We get off the boat and sit on the rocks for a while. "This place is gorgeous." He gasps. "I don't really being anyone over. I'm pretty much the only person who comes here." I explain. "Why'd you bring me?" He asks. "I write a bit and I come here to do it. There's something about this island that just inspires me." I explain.

          "So tell me about yourself!" I say changing the subject. "Well...my name's Shawn Mendes. I'm 18 and I'm from Canada. I'm a musician. I'm here on a family vacation with my mum, dad and little sister Aaliyah. Also I'm really sorry for hitting you in the head today! What about you?" He asks. "I'm Alexis Healy. I'm 18. I'm Irish. I like to write anything from music to stories. I live in the house this boat was in front of. I work where you're staying during the summer's. Also it's really okay." I laugh.

               "You can't get inspiration just sitting here! Let's walk about and adventure!" I cheer, getting up off the rocks. I'm still wearing my cover-up (which I managed to grab before getting on the boat) and a pair of flip flops. Oh well. I don't care.

               Shawn and I walk around the island while talking and getting to know each other. His name sounds familiar but I'm not quite sure where I've heard it. I've probably had another customer with the same name. I mean Shawn is common enough and Mendes is probably kind of  common.

                Shawn sits on the sand while I swim around the island and mess around in the shallow water. I notice that he keeps looking up at me. Eh. He's probably just making sure I don't abandon him on the island.

              After about an hour and a half we head back to shore. "Hey you've a watch! What time is it please?" I ask as we get out of the boat. "It's 10:30 pm." He reads. "Shit. Thanks! I'll see you around!" I say as I run into my house.

             I go into Paisley's room to let her know I'm home but I see that she's asleep and so is Niall. Aww! They fell asleep while skyping! Damn! Why do I have to be single?!

             I have a shower and go to bed, seeing as I have work at 8:30 am tomorrow morning.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<A/N>>>>>>>>>>>>

              Sorry I took so long to update! I was actually on holidays visiting family and I stayed where I like to imagine this is set! Hahaha! So that was fun!

   Let me know your opinions in the comments!

Please vote, comment, share and add to your reading lists/ library!

Thank you! Also please please please go read my other fanfictions! It would mean a lot!

Thank you! Byeeeee!!! <3