part three

The drive to Camila's house was fun for Camila and Lauren. Camila drove the both of them in her white Jeep, Camila focusing on the road and Lauren playing the role of the DJ. Both girls have a similar taste in music so there was no fighting over which songs to play.

Lauren got to take in Camila's beauty for the whole hour Camila drove. Camila got to take in the beauty of Miami's roads. Camila didn't mind, though, because she'd get to spend the whole weekend with Lauren and nothing in the entire world could be better than that.

As Camila pulled into her parents' driveway, she found them waiting for her out front with her little sister.

"Ah! Mija, we are so happy to see you!" exclaimed Camila's mother as the two girls stepped out of Camila's Jeep.

Camila hugged both of her parents and ruffled her younger sister's hair.

"Mom, Dad, this is Lauren," Camila said motioning to Lauren. "Lauren, these are my parents."

"Hi Mister and Misses Cabello. It is so nice to meet you," Lauren said extending her hand towards Camila's father.

"Call me Alejandro," Camila's father said to Lauren, giving her hand a firm shake.

"And, please, call me Sinu," Camila's mother said, pulling Lauren in for a hug.

"Hi, I'm Sofi!" Camila's younger sister said.

"Well, hi Sofi! Aren't you a cutie," Lauren said.

Sofi giggled then said a very quiet, "Thank you."

Camila had mentioned during the drive that Sofi is 11 years younger than she is, which would put Sofi at 10 years old. If Lauren hadn't known Sofi was 11 years younger than Camila, she would've guessed Sofi to be 12 years old. Lauren had been in the same boat when she was younger. People always mistook her for being older than she was. One time when Lauren was just 13, her parents had taken her out for dinner and the waitress had tried to serve Lauren a glass of wine along with her parents.

"Lauren and I are going to go drop off our bags in my room and then we'll probably head over to the beach," Camila said, opening the trunk of her car.

"Are you sure you don't want lunch first?" Sinu asked.

"We're fine," Camila said as Lauren said, "Lunch would be great!"

"What's the rush to leave, Mija?" Sinu asked her daughter.

"No rush, thank you for the lunch offer Mama. We would love some lunch before we hit the beach," Camila said.

She grabbed both her bag and Lauren's bag and led the way to her room. Lauren opened the door because Camila's hands were full and was greeted with a room fit for a princess. The walls were painted white with gold decorations. In the middle of the far wall was the most beautiful bed Lauren had ever seen. A white queen-sized bed with a silk white canopy on top. Around the four posters were gold twinkly lights. Camila's room looked like a room straight off of Lauren's television.

"Your room is amazing, Camz. It's the most gorgeous bedroom I've ever seen!" Lauren exclaimed.

"Eh, it's not that great. If anything it's kind of lonely. But not anymore since you're here now," Camila said with a smile plastered across her face.

Camila set their bags down in her closet, which was almost the same size as Lauren's single dorm room.

"Holy shit, your closet is huge!  I would've had a much easier time as a kid being in your closet than the one I was in," Lauren commented.

Camila burst out laughing.  "I cannot believe you just said that."

"What?  It's true," Lauren said.