My best birthday gift

The year of 2017

I woke up to notice that my father was standing in front of my closet getting my school stuff for me. It's my birthday today. I get up and I felt sick. Really wish I wasn't. He turned and said with a concerning look on his face "what's up boss?" I looked up with my hand on my chest saying " dad I don't feel so good" (not to be a bragger but I am a freakishly straight A+ student at my school and has a high score school attendance record) so that means I never missed a day of school my whole life. "Oh no is the pain back sweet hart?" My dad said with a really bad heart breaking look on his face. Then said "Uhhhmmm, I'll ask my boss if I can go in later to work and until then we can hang out together, is that alright with you boss or.....??" My dad said. He has never missed a day of his job, like ever even on my birthdays (well, of course, that's because I tell him to go to work) and if he misses one day or at least is late to work he can't be the assistant boss anymore. I quickly had said " No.....umm you go to work I'll just stay here and take a shower and catch up on some new movies or TV shows". He looked at me with a warming smile and then with a serious face he said "okay well uhhh are you sure about me leaving you alone here I mean like would've something happens to you and you can't reach me??" I quickly said "DAD!! Really?? Now your gonna do this on my birthday I can take care of myself you know." I said with my hand still over my chest. "Go to work I'm fine I already set up my alarm clock so I can take my meds so you won't have to worry about me and I'll call my school and let them know why I'm not there, okay so go don't wait" as I watched him get in the car and leave I Jump in the shower for about 2 in a half hours.

I go downstairs and stuffed my face with all the cutout heart shaped pancakes and swallowed orange juice and as I knew it my phone goes off with four new messages from my one and only best friend Emily. She probably sent something about her boyfriend talking shit to her or maybe something cool is happening in school.

Emily-HAPPY B-DAY bitchhhhhhh!!!

Emily-where the hell are you??

Emily-what's wrong why aren't you here in school??

Emily-amyyyyyyyy?????

Me-yeah emi I'm sorry but my chest hurts like hell and I can't get up from bed!! sorry boo maybe in like two days I'll go back to school!!

Emily-bullshit your lying well fine then I guess this means I get to come over since classes haven't started, I'll be their in ten!! ;)

Me-k see u here<3

*Ten minutes*

"I'm hereeeee" Emily said barging into my front door. Which I am pretty sure was locked with three locks on the door. "Hey" I said getting up slowly because of the pain in my chest. We gave each other a hug when we both sat down. Before I can speak she said " wait!! , if we're gonna have a sleepover then where is the pizza, popcorn, and soda and cake, what the hell Amy where is your birthday cake??" She said with a full concern look on her face. "Uhh yeah the phone is on the counter you can call the pizza delivery and the popcorn and sodas are in the cabinet and the cake well I don't need cake" I said looking at the TV searching for a good movie to watch. As Emily was sitting back down I had said "why'd you say that??" In a low sad voice so that it can give Emily a hint that I was sad. "Uhh what do you mean by me say what??" She said with a half smile and half concern look on her face. I gave her a loud sigh but before i could finish my dad walked in with a huge smile on his face which was weird because my dad never gets off of work this early. "Uh yeah, so I'll pick you up at 7-or 8:00 o'clock ?.....Oh, you'll just meet  me here at my house?" He said with a shaking voice but very manly. Wait dad only did his manly voice to mom when he was deeply in love with her. "What's going dad??" I asked with a huge smile on my face. My dad looked up at me and laughed with a non-stop smirk on his face. "Uhh, sweetheart I know it's going to be hard for you to understand this because of you not being a grown up yet...but when something happens to a person you truly love very much you tend to let go of them little by little and well I was doing that with your mother and well......." And before he could say anything else me and Emily look at each other and jumped in joy. Ohhhhh yeah I've been waiting my whole life for this moment because I've been telling my dad to move on and forget the past. He never did but look he's finally changed plans and took ahold on the stirring wheel, and moved on.