Chapter Four

I still hated Mondays like every other person on this planet but for once in my life I had friends. For once I was excited to go to school.

After homeroom, I walked in to religion to see Niall already in his seat. He had his head down on his desk so I decided not to disturb him. I sat down as quietly as possible and went to grab my religion notebook when all my books fell. I swear they made the loudest sound you could possibly hear. I rushed to pick them up and sit them on the middle of the desk. I look to Niall to see if I had woken him. Damn.

"Niall, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that, I swear. Please don't be mad at me." I rushed my words, "I'm sorry." I hung my head low so I didn't have to look at him.

He chuckled. "Malissa, it's okay. You don't have anything to be sorry about."

Gosh his morning voice was sexy. Wait, did I just think that? Whatever, it's nothing. I looked up.

"I know, I just didn't want you to get mad at me and not want to be friends anymore. You're my closest friend."

His eyes seemed to change. I couldn't figure out how but they did. He rubbed his hands over his face to wake himself up more.

"Well you're my best friend. How could we lose our friendship over your books falling?" He looked really confused.

"I dunno. I'm not used to having friends remember?"

He nodded as the bell rang signifying it was time for class to start.

We couldn't really talk because we were taking notes and getting a lecture. We did have a poke war with our pencils though; I'm pretty sure I won.

After religion, it was study hall. We had assigned seats and Niall was across the room from me. We couldn't talk so it didn't really matter. I decided to start on my religion homework. It was just a page of simple questions, half of them opinion-based. I finished it within ten minutes. When I was done, I put my head phones in and "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5 was the first song to play. I looked up to see Niall staring at me. As soon as our eyes met, he blushed and covered his face with his book. Every so often I would check out of my peripheral vision to see if he would be looking at me. He was. Every time.