Chapter 13

Evelyn's P.O.V

It's been a week since the football halftime incident. I walk into the school and head to my locker. 

"Lookie here Brittney. It's the girl who stole your man." I take deep breaths, grab my stuff, and shut the locker before turning around.

"Hi guys how are you?" I say all cheery when in reality, I want to kill them. They look at me shocked and I head towards Chemistry. I pull out my chair and sit down, only to have it pulled out from under me.

"Ow damnit." I say, hearing snickering. I quickly get up and make my way to the library.

"Where do you think you're going miss Evelyn." Shit the principal.

"To the library." I start walking, but he grabs my backpack and pulls me to the office. The secretaries look, but Principal Barnhart sneers at them.

"Get back to work!" The ladies dive right into their work and I get dragged into the principals office.

"I didn't know going to the library was against the rules." I start, but get cut off.

"You threatened my dear daughter with her car. I'm afraid after today, I have to suspend you." 

"You're two daughters are ruining my life! I can probably sue your ass for letting your damn daughters run the school." I get up and walk out the door and after getting into the hallway, running towards the library. I open the door and speed walk towards the desk. 

"Evelyn, dear, what happened?" Mrs. Peacock asks me.

"It involves a baseball bat threat to a Mercedes car and telling them to leave my family alone." I fall into the chair and shut my eyes. "And getting suspended."

"I'm sorry what?!" 

"I got suspended." Mrs. Peacock puts everything down and walks out the door. Oh shit, I lay my head down on the desk and start crying. I hear the door open and I quickly wipe my tears. 

"Hi dear, remember me?" Shit it was Josh, and Mark isn't anywhere to be found. Josh grabs my arms and pushes me against the wall. I pull my phone out of my pocket and text Mark.

Me: Help. Josh.

Mark's P.O.V

"Did you hear, Evelyn the bitch got suspended." I look up. My little wildflower Evelyn getting suspended, not possible. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I look up at the teacher to see her back turned and I pull it out.

Evelyn: Help. Josh.

I quickly and quietly sneak out of the classroom before breaking into a sprint towards the library. I look through the window and see Evelyn pinned to the wall with Josh in front of her. I open the door and put my finger to my lips. She blinks twice and I sneak up behind Josh.

"You're little boyfriend can't save you now." I smile. I pull Josh off Evelyn and push her behind me.

"Stay away from her and I know you're working for Brittney." I tell Josh.

"No can do. She wants you."

"Why can't people let me be who I want to be with." I groan, noticing Josh left. Evelyn wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me senseless.

"Thank you Mark, but I have something to tell you." 

Evelyn's P.O.V

Damnit, I didn't want to tell him.

"Tell me what Evelyn dear." We moved to a table and we sit facing each other. 

"Promise me you won't go all crazy and angry at the world?"