Chapter 6: He's one of them

I sat on the sofa, in between Mark and Ollie, while we watched The Little Mermaid. It was Ollie's favourite Disney movie and he wanted to watch it all the time. Today I got ganged up on by Mark and Ollie, because I wanted to watch a scary movie but they were girls and wanted to watch this instead, though I kinda didn't mind. Mark had his hand in between us, and I wondered what he was doing so I moved my hand next to his; not touching but nearer than in my lap and he went to hold it and I pretended to stretch my arms up and I heard Ollie snigger at me but I ignored him. Mark kept his hand there and I moved mine back in my lap. On the TV Ariel is perving Eric and for some reason I feel awkward watching it, so I get up and ask if the two boys on the sofa wanted a drink and in synch they both nodded still watching the screen and I give them a look , which they ignore. I get out a coke for Mark on instinct because I remember him getting one for himself at his own house and I get two waters for me and Ollie as we both didn't like fizzy drinks. I walked back over to them and passed them their drinks and before I sat down Mark grabbed me by my waist and I fell back into him until I was sitting on his lap, "Mark let go of me," I say bored but his grip only tightens and I feel Ollie's eyes on us and I can feel the amusement dripping from them both. Then Mark starts tickling me and I wriggle around, laughing yet screaming for him to stop though he didn't.

The front door opens and my dad rushes into the room on the phone, takes one look at us and he says to whoever he's speaking to, "I'll call you back," then he just stares at the scene with his eyebrows raised and Ollie laughs behind me. Mark stops tickling me but doesn't let me go and we all stare back at my dad. "Kiddo care to explain," and he smirks which is the first time I've ever seen my dad have that expression and I immediately blame Mark. I sigh and cross my arms because I knew I wasn't going anywhere for a while.

"Dad this is Mark Davis," I roll my eyes as a look of recognition passes over his face. He looks at me and Mark.

"The amazingly hot Mark Davis," Mark chips in and I roll my eyes again.

"The singer?" He asks and I shrug. I can tell that Mark has a smirk on his face and I elbow him in the stomach and he lets me go and I hear Ollie snigger again, as Mark stands up and walks over to my dad. They shake hands, then my dad gives him a nod to speak to him in the kitchen and I turn to Ollie who's smiling.

"This is better than watching The Little Mermaid any day," he grins and I punch him in the arm but smile anyway. I look back at the kitchen and see my dad and Mark having a conversation and laughing , my dad puts a hand on his shoulder and looks at him straight as they're the same height and I try to make out what they're saying but they're talking quietly. They come over still talking then they stop in front of the sofa and they both look at me.

"Kiddo so is Mark your boyfriend," I stare at him with my mouth open and Ollie laughs so loud I'm surprised Alex and Matt didn't come running. Mark smirks so wide I want to slap him round the face but my dad genuinely wants to know.

"Um dad uh here's the thing no!" My dad bursts out laughing and Mark puts a hand to his heart and faked a hurt look which looked kinda real but I didn't care. "Ew ew ew dad," I say getting up off the sofa and putting my hands over my ears and I start speed walking to the stairs.

"Excuse me Ramble I am hot thank you very much," I start running up the stairs shouting "la la la," though I did know what he was talking about but I just didn't want to admit it to his face.

"Because you know ky I wouldn't mind!" My dad called up the stairs.

"Well I do!" I shout before getting to my room and slamming the door. Most parents would shout "don't slam the door" though my dad wasn't the normal parent and I could hear them all laughing from here. My dad works all the time everyday and is always in his office, so when its not a meal time or we don't run into each other before he leaves or when he gets back or if I or him want something I don't see him. I collapse on my bed and put my hands over my face and then there's a knock at the door and before I could say either, "get out" or "come in" the door opens and Mark walks in. I sit up and look at him looking around my room nodding in a strange way, "you're meant to wait for an answer before coming in and my answer was going to be go away so get out," he ignores me looking at my picture wall.