Chapter 12: Launching Attack!

HI! Man, I might even have time to post two times today since I'm not really busy :P Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! <3

Oh! I forgot to how the new cover I made for the book! ;)

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

~One Week Later~

Even though Erza felt bad with the conversation she had with Natsu,  she wanted to go with the plan FairyTail had made to make their sacrifice to Lucy worth it.

After two months of preparing an attack on Sydney, who they predict as one of the biggest dark magic users they've seen, they were finally ready. They had a magic sword that the guild had covered with lot's of magic energy. Thanks to Freed's scripture, everyone put a share of magic is the sword.

Levy calculated the distance to hit Sydney from the guild's roof to the ground. She predicted Sydney was going to enter the guild in an hour; that was plenty of time to launch an attack.

The plan was to have Erza throw the sword with the aim she has. It should land right in Sydney's stomach. And, because of the magic in the sword, it'll hurt ten times worse. It will also cause Sydney to lose all her magic energy.

Once that sword is thrown, everyone else will be there for back-up. 

Gajeel and Patherlily happened to come back from their job, too. Sadly, Natsu and Happy seemed like they didn't want any part of this plan, so they kept in search for Lucy.

In the guild, everyone surrounded a table with the coordinates Erza needs to hit Sydney straight on.

Levy spoke up, "We have a 98% chance of hitting her. Even if we mess up one inch, we could be doomed to miss."

Erza nodded in assurance, "I'll make sure not to miss."

"Everyone else; make sure you're in position for back-up. If the magic sword doesn't work, that is." Levy stated.

Everyone agreed on what to do. They all had certain parts to play in this.

Erza made her way up to FairyTail's roof. She had the sword the guild had put lots of magic into. She wasn't going to miss, and if she did, everything they've done would be gone.

The red-haired woman changed into her Flight Armor. With this, she can launch the sword faster than normal.

Levy set up a communication Lacrima to Erza so they could hear each other. Levy spoke to Erza through it, "Okay, Erza. She should be coming any minute now." 

"Anything else I should be prepared for?" Erza quietly asked Levy.

"Be careful and make sure she doesn't see you at any cost." Levy said sternly.

Right as Erza was going to reply, she heard footsteps coming the guild's way. She looked up to see a familiar brown haired girl.

"Levy! In coming Sydney. I'm launching in three,"

Levy smiled at her words. "Make this for Lucy!"

In Erza's head, she counted down. She had to make this count, or it would all be for nothing. Her arm pulled back the sword as she counted.

3

2

1..

Erza threw the sword at speed that shouldn't have even been possible! A breeze went by as it headed towards Sydney.

In victory, it hit Sydney straight on in the stomach. Right as the back-up team was going to come out and get her, Sydney reached for the sword in her stomach and threw it back towards Erza.

The red head saw this and quickly moved out of the way. The sword went by even faster than how Erza had thrown it. With her Flight Armor still on, she moved in a quick motion, but still surprised at the speed of the sword.

"I was expecting this to happen sooner." Sydney said. "Before I take my leave, I want you to tell the pink haired idiot that I never liked him. He always had a way to make me angry."

Gray stepped up from the side of the guild where everyone was for the back-up. "Yeah, like we're going to let you get awa-" Before Gray could speak more, a huge impact hit his stomach.

He got sent back against the wall. People around thought they heard a crack.

"I knew this was going to happen. Watch out, FairyTail. One year from now, things will get chaotic. Your whole guild will be annihilated before you know it!" Sydney yelled as her eyes turned red. She disappeared without a trace.

The guild got a worried look. They were all shocked after what just happened. They all thought they had won it, but it turned around and they lost.

Juvia looked at Gray, who was passed out on the ground. She went over and put his arm around her shoulders. She walked him to the guild's infirmary, tears in her eyes.

FairyTail barely battled and they lost. These two months were a total waste. If Sydney never came to FairyTail.. everything would've been fine. And, because of FairyTail's mistake for kicking Lucy out.. they all got paid back.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*