"My Knee!"

Haley's Point of View

"Hale, wake up. It's 2." Miranda said shaking me from my deep slumber. I groaned in response to being shaked. "C'mon you don't wanna miss your match, right?"

"Fuck off." I groaned.

"Get the fuck up, bitch!" Miranda yelled as she tried to yank me out of bed. "I'm not going to deal with your shit if you're fucking late to this damn match! So get your ass out of bed and get ready!"

"Fine." I groaned as I sat up only for her to sit down on the foot of my bed looking quite smug with herself. "Fuck off, twit."

"Love you too." She chuckled. I pushed the blankets off my legs and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I pressed my feet flat on the floor and I reached my arms up towards the ceiling. I licked my dry lips as Miranda tossed my soccer shorts into my hands. I slipped them up my legs before I grabbed my soccer bag and pulled the strap over my shoulder.

"Lets go." I smiled at Miranda happily now that I was awake. "Are you going to watch the match?"

"When do I ever miss a match?" She scoffed. I rolled my eyes knowing that she was right. She made it to every single one of my matches no matter what she had going on during those days. She would drop everything and come just to support me.

"True. Now let's get to the locker room. Don't wanna miss coach's speech." I laughed. She nodded in agreement. I found it funny that Coach Hason loved Miranda. She wasn't on the team or in any of his classes but since she was my friend she was around me a lot of practices and games

"Haley and Miranda. Nice to see you girls." Coach Hanson smiled at us as we walked inside the locker room. The rest of the team said hello to us as we walked to my locker. Miranda was always on the sidelines with us. "Oh and Miranda, the only way you can sit on the sidelines today is if you wear a jersey."

"Fuck that! I'll sit in the stands." Mirana said loudly causing everyone to laugh. "Sorry, I'm not going to wear a jersey. But why can't I sit on the side lines at this game?"

"Scouts." Was all that Coach had said, which was enough to make the team shudder at the simple word that was spoken. I put my bag in my locker and watched as Miranda got my pads out for me. She smiled at me and she placed them onto the bench as I sat down. "Ladies, don't think about the scouts out on those benches. Think about the game and your opponents. This is our turf, ladies. And we are going to win it. We aren't going to let our undefeated title be taken from us. We can do this." Coach passed out the special jerserys. "We are going out on that field to win today. Who is going to win?"

"We are!" The team yelled together.

"And how are we going to do it?" Coach asked.

"Team work!" We yelled again, hoping that the team that was in the boys locker room could hear us. I smiled at my team.

"Haley." Coach looked at me. I nodded and quickly pulled on my pads and new jersey.

"Ladies, we are going to put our all into this game today. We wil  not be defeated! Not in our town! We will not let the Ducks befeat us! We will win!" I usually gae a speech along these lines every week. It seemed to help the girls stay focused when the team captain gave a short speech and got everyone pumped up. "Let's get out there and make some Duck soup!"

"Yeah!" The girls screamed happily as we jumped out of our seats. I gave Miranda a hug as I led the girls to the field with the coach to my side.

"Now welcome to the field, the Raiders!" The announcer yelled as we walked across the field to our bench. The screams were amazing and they really got us all amped up. "The Raiders are made of head coach, Steven Hanson. Team Captain, Haley Vilmer." As he went through the names of the rest of the girls on the team, I couldn't help but look around the stadium as I tried my best to pick out who the scouts were. "Now welcome to the field, the Ducks!" All the Raiders in the stadium hissed. I made it a thing because we didn't want to be booed. So hissing became a thing to do at the at the opponent.