We Finally Meet

Now this is what I needed. A warm bubble bath with a glass of Whit Zen. The bubbles tickled my toes and massaged my shoulders. I hadn't taken a bubble bath since my marriage. At one point in time, Anthony meant so much to me back then. He made me smile; made me feel things no other man had. But that's over now. I took a heavy sigh. "It feels so good to be free," I smiled knowing I won't have to see that man again.

I walked in the living room and flopped on the couch. My favorite sweat shirt swallowed me while, but I don't care. It's so comfortable. My popcorn is freshly popped with a shit load of cheddar ranch seasoning. My favorite movie is patiently waiting for me to press play. Well wait no longer. I grabbed my fleece blanket and started the movie.

Ryan Gosling always made me want a country boy. I wouldn't know what to do if he'd knock on my door and asked me to marry him. My heart fluttered as he read poetry. As I began to melt, there was a knock on my door. "Coming," I paused the movie and went to the door. "Who is it," I called out. "Eric." Eric? Who is Eric? I opened the door. Tattered jeans stood there with a stupid grin on his face. "What do you want," I said in disgust. "Nice to see you again Ms. Switchblade. I'm having a small get together next door. You're more than welcome to stop by," he said. "I'll think about it." I shut the door. Now, back to my baby. I pressed play and curled up with my blanket.

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird," he said with much love. A smile spread across my face. I loved this movie!!!! Nothing could ruin this night. Just as the thought passed through my head, music blared from speakers, drowning out the audio from the tv. Irritation snaked itself through my body. I put in my kitten slippers and walked to 2A.

----------------------------------------------

Music blared from the speakers. Bodies girding against one another in fits of lust. Druggies sniffing cocain off of one another. The aroma of marijuana filled his lungs with every intake. D's apartment was filled with his bros and which ever Hoe they decided to bring. D's blood boiled. He told Eric to invite a few people, not the whole damn city. Even though some was his family, it was too many people in his personal space. He sat in his chair with Jessica on his lap. "Baby, what's wrong? You don't look too happy," she asked him. "Get the fuck off of me," he warns her. "You need to loosen up. Come do a couple rows with me," she whined. "I don't do that shit. Now get out of my face," his deep husky voice coming off as a growl. The girl's eyes widen and she hurry to get away. They got to get the hell out.

As he contemplated on how he was going to get them out of his house, there was a knock at the door. He pushed himself off the chair and walked to the door. People hurried out of his way; knowing he wouldn't give a damn if he walked over them. The knocking rang again. He pulled open the door and looked down. She stood there in an oversized sweat shirt. Her ringlets were still wet, making her curly fohawk look that much better. He wanted to devour her right in the hallway and her annoyed expression didn't help his hunger. "Can you turn down the music? I'm trying to watch a movie," she asked politely as possible. The sound of her voice sent chills up his spine. He turned to the party. "Get the Fuck out," he screams. She jumps from his abrupt outburst but regains her composure.  That made him smile and laugh internally. The last person left the house and she turned on her heel. "What's your name," he asks. She stops in mid stride. "Nadia," she says and walks in her apartment.