five

Madison sighed as she stood in front of the mirror, lifting up her shirt to see her barely there baby bump.

"I, uh, I never thought I was gonna be a mom. I almost was, when I was 16," she admitted. "What about you? Did you ever want kids?"

"I thought about it when I was human. Meeting a girl, getting married. Being happy for once, you know?" Klaus nodded, slipping his shirt over his head. "I stopped thinking about it when I became a vampire. But now, you're going to give me the one thing I never thought I'd have."

"Don't get all sappy on me," Madison teased. "The whole 'I'm a scary Hybrid that everyone hates' thing is really the only thing keeping me around."

"I have to go find Sophie Deveraux, she has some explaining to do," he got up and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Stay inside, don't do anything stupid."

"Am I 5 now?" she rolled her eyes.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe."

"I know," she pressed her soft lips to his cheek. "Thank you."

-

Klaus ran from Rousseau's, a tight grip on Sophie's arm, before dumping her on the couch.

"We had a deal!" he yelled angrily. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Madison to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Madison and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die," Sophie defended herself. "I would never hurt her, she's the Supreme."

"Then who were they?" confusion was evident in Rebekah's voice.

"They are a faction of extremists," Madison answered as she entered the room. "Sophie, please tell me you have gumbo. My cravings are like wow."

"I would've brought some, but your boyfriend kind of stole me from the kitchen," Sophie glared at the Hybrid.

"Not my boyfriend," she rolled her eyes.

"Can you finish explaining why the witches want my child dead?" Klaus interrupted the pair.

"Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby," the brunette told him.

"What kind of vision?" he asked suspiciously.

"She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation," Madison shrugged.

"I'm guessing she's wrong on this one," Sophie continued.

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?"

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus' comment made Madison glare at him and lodge a pen in his shoulder with her magic.

"I'm a witch, asshole. Do you really want to be a single parent?" she continued to glare as he pulled it out.

"Sophie, look," Rebekah spoke before any more conflict could occur. "I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" the shock on Sophie's face was clear.

"Yeah. As we speak, I imagine."

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd," the blonde smirked.

"Do tell," Klaus pulled looked at the blood coated pen in his hands.