Chapter Three: P.O.P

Karlie POV

4:00 in the morning and I'm sitting here at UMMC waiting for answers like I've known this boy for years. This night has been too much for me to handle, I should have just stayed and waited at the party with Jessi.

Sitting in his club parking lot watching him get shot scared the hell out of me. I've never seen anyone get shot, but not only that , I've never seen my DAD shoot anyone.

Yes! My dad was the one that pulled the trigger. It was like he was waiting there like the whole thing was a set up.

Why would my dad do something like that? How could he shoot someone that was so close to my age? It's like I've lived my whole life not knowing him. Why would he shoot this boy in the middle of a scene like this?

I pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. As pain bounce back from the pinch, I knew that I wasn't dreaming.

"Family of Khalil Moore" a doctor walks out and says. I'm guessing this is him since Madyson last name is Moore. I'm not family, but I'm here, so I stand and proceed towards her.

"Are you family of Khalil?" She asked. Uhh noo, I just walked over here for a quick exercise.. Duh!! 🙄 I nodded and she gave me a run down of his condition.

" He is doing fine, the bullets were close to major organs, but weren't close enough, Mr. Moore is a lucky man . Either his shooter was inexperience, or professional. You may go back and see him, he is in room 345, he's okay honey, no need to cry"

Cry? I'm not crying. And as sure as I placed my hands on my face, it was soaked in tears..

But instead of those being tears for King, they were tears because my dad was a professional killer. Was this his real "BUSINESS"? Was this why him and mom left so much? I bet she knew.. I've lived a lie my whole entire live.

I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head and wiped my face as I got closer to the door and opened it.

Walking in, King was sleeping. I'm guessing he was sedated from the medications. He looked weak, totally different from a few hours ago at the party..

I guess I could stay overnight until he woke up the next morning. It's the least I could do, since my dad shot him...

I text Jessi and told her to pick me up from UMMC in the morning, I let her know that I was fine and I would fill her in with details once she picked me up. She replied with a simple okay and I tucked my phone back into my back pocket before making myself comfortable in the reclining chair beside Kings hospital bed..

Before I knew it, I was falling to sleep.
*
*
*
*
King's POV
Adjusting to the bright lights as I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was in the hospital. I see Karlie sleeping in the chair beside me and mane she was beautiful. Big or not, beauty is beauty and she was lit.

I'm surprised she stayed here with me, most people would have bounced.

The door opened, knocking me out my thoughts. In walked an old black nurse with grey curls that bounced as she walked.
"Mr. Moore, it's good to see you're  awake finally, your girlfriend hasn't left your side"  I smiled and began to get up so that I can put my clothes on, I swear ion like hospitals.
" oh nooo baby, you can't leave , you need a few more test ran, so I advice you to tiptoe right back into that bed"

"No disrespect mam, but I can't sit here, I got to go, I have a little girl that depends on me. I have to go , I will just sign an AMA(against medical advice) form and leave and just deal with whatever consequences flow my way."

" if that's the way you want it baby then so be it, but I'm going to wrie my number down so that you can call me if anything happens, you hear me baby"

I chuckled and said yes mam, as she walks out the door saying how young folks was now a days.. Smh I know this won't  be the last time I hear from her.

Once I finished putting on my clothes I went to wake Karlie up.. I tapped her shoulder and she didn't bulge.. I shook her a little and still nothing. This girl sleep hard af.. I went and put water in the little hospital cup and threw it in her face.. She jumped up like she was drowning.

I started dying laughing" damn Ma , you straight? I didn't know how else to awake you!"

"A simple Karlie lets go would of been fine" she said while getting her face situated ..

"I did ma, you sleep hard, but let's go."

"Wait what do you mean lets go, you were shot, i know they aren't letting you leave ." She said with a worried look in her face.

"Naw, I'm grown I do what I want to do, now let's go before you get left in here by yourself"

Leaving without letting her talk anymore, we made it down to the lobby and I remembered I came by ambulance..
Before I could pull out my phone to tell my lil homie to pick up, she hand me my keys. I know like hell this girl ain't drive Becky the blue race horse. I KNOW SHE DIDN'T!!

"You drove my car girl!?"

"Well duh, how else was I gone get here, walk?"

Without spazzing out from her smart remark and her driving my car I hop in it, Ian got time, I need to figure out who shit me so he can get dealt with.

"Can you drop me off at 1465 Parkview avenue?" She asked while buckling her seatbelt, I nodded, and blasted Kodak Black through my speakers before pulling off.

She lived in the uptight nieghborgood, it was like a gated community or something. I knew because OG Luke lived that way, I need to swing by his crib so I can get insight, and maybe he can help me figure out who shot me ad help me murk this lil nigha.

I'm guessing it was a lil nigha that didn't know me cause my named run with to much respect through these streets. I may not be in the drug game anymore, but it's nothing for me to just back on my thrown to handle any kind of beef a mfer trying to throw.

As I pull up at her house, I look kind of confused because her house is OG's house, and I never knew he had a daughter, he rarely talked about her or any of his personal life at that. I just knew where he lived because I had to bring papers to him one day.

I look over at her other a puzzled look "Yo dad named Luke, ma?"
*
*
*
*
*

*****Quick and simple, it was rushed, sorry. I've been so busy this week that I didn't have time to prep my work, so I just wrote something today off the top of my head.. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter, like, comment , and follow... Give me more feedback , comment on parts that you like, and parts that you dislike.

How are you liking the characters so far?

Og Luke is Karlie's dad and he shot King? Hmmm🤔

Let me know what y'all think is going to happen next ... *****