Chapter 38 Wedding Day

Ellie is getting her hair and nails done at the spa. Then it's on to makeup. They hear a loud racket and it is none other than her adopted siblings Carrie and Miranda and Caroline and Lauren. They all hug her and ask if she is nervous. She told them a little. She gets a text and replies. They asked who it was and she told them Lacey. They looked at her and Ellie explained," Lacey is in charge of Pearl today and helping her get ready. I knew I couldn't be focused on Pearl today so I asked Lacey to come and do it for us. She gladly agreed. I know it may not be conventional for an exwife to be as involved but she is cause that's what's best for Pearl. Now no more about Lacey."
They hear squeals and running" MyEllie you are so pretty just like me" They all laugh and tell her that she is correct. Lacey comes to the door and said "she just had to see you before I take her to see her daddy." Ellie smiles and hugs Pearl "that's fine Lacey I'm glad you did. You look very pretty yourself. You know we have single guys coming right"
Lacey laughs," Not you too Ellie"
Lacey tells Pearl they have to go see daddy and they take their leave.

The hairdresser said," now that is what I wish every child of divorce had. You keep it up Ellie, as long as y'all keep putting that girls well being first then it's all gonna work out." Ellie smiles and said "I know that is our goal."

They all head back to Cheyennes house to finish getting ready. Cheyenne is dressed and is helping Ellie in her dress and they are taking pictures. Sierra puts the garter on her and Pearl comes in and said," you look like Cinderella! Oh and daddy said to give you this"
She hands Ellie a box and Ellie opens it to find a platinum bracelet with an aqua stone that matches her engagement ring, with a note that said:
Ellison,(Ellie)
    I love you and I cannot wait to see you. Today you are making me the happiest man on earth by marrying me.
Love,
Joshua(Jake)
(I used our given names)

Ellie said can you take something to daddy for me? Pearl nods her head. Ellie hands her a package. Pearl goes to Jake and said MyEllie said to give you this. Jake opened the box and it was a watch with the note

Jake,
I can't wait to become your wife. I will see you at 6:00pm
Love,
Ellie

Jake cannot wait and is bouncing off the walls Sierra comes to him and takes some pictures of him and his brother and Ace. Then of all the country stars.

The wedding planner came in and told them it was time to get started. They walk down the stairs and out the front door. Jakes mom is escorted by his brother and Cheyenne is escorted by Colt. They walk into the song Like my Mother Does by Lauren Alaina.
The girls walk in to the song You Had Me From Hello by KC and he sung it for Ellie. 

Back in the house BG comes to walk Ellie down the aisle and he cannot stop crying. She cries too and he tells her "I love you and you are so beautiful Princess"Then it was time for Ellie to walk down the aisle,  Carrie is singing her song Look At Me.  Jake watches as Ellie comes into sight and she is breathtaking and he takes 3 steps before his brother Jarrod grabs hold of his arm. Jake looks at Ellie as tears fall down his face.

The preacher asks "Who gives this bride away?"BG answers"Her mother and I"Ellie hugs him and whispers" I love you Pop"BG whisper back" I love you too El"He looks to Jake and said," don't hurt her if you know what's good for you" We are gathered he...

BG answers"Her mother and I"
Ellie hugs him and whispers" I love you Pop"
BG whisper back" I love you too El"
He looks to Jake and said," don't hurt her if you know what's good for you"
We are gathered here to unite Jake and Ellie in holy matrimony  do you Jake take Ellie to be your lawfully wedded wife?
I do
Do you Ellie take Jake to be yours lawfully wedded husband?
I do
At this time Jake and Elli will say their vows.
"Ellie I remember seeing you for the very first time. You were singing every word to my songs with me. They say that sometimes two people meet and they just know they are supposed to be together. I never believed that until I met you. I promise to love you and protect you and always put you first above myself. You made me believe in love again and you did it by just being yourself.  I promise that I will be there for the sad days and the happy days in our life and I know that at the end of the day my home is wherever you are."

"Jake you are my home. I know that wherever you are is where I want to be. I often wondered if love was meant for me or if it was just something made up. Then I saw love in the people around me and came to the conclusion that maybe it was me.Then I met you, and you changed my entire view on love. You made me feel all the things that people write about. I promise to love you and always put you above myself. You remind me daily not to take myself to seriously and to enjoy life. I promise to be there for the good times as well as the bad times. They say that sometimes in an ordinary life a fairytale happens and that is exactly what happened when you asked me to marry you . I marry you today because I love you."

As Jake and Ellie have said their vows to each other they also have vows to say to Pearl. Pearl stood between them and held their hands. Together they said:
"Pearl we promise to love you and put your happiness above our own and to parent you with your mom Lacey as best we know how."

There is no beginning and no end on these rings just as marriage is never ending. Ellie take this ring and place on Jakes hand and repeat after me.
With this ring I thee wed.
Now Jake place this ring on Ellie's hand and repeat after me
With this ring I thee wed.
Now take this ring and place it on Pearls finger.
Pearl with this ring we are saying that we are a family and it is to show that it's not just me and your dad but it's your dad you and me. Pearl looks at them and said" Now you really are my Ellie"
The crowd chuckled.
By the power vested in me by God and the State of Alabama I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.
Jake reaches in and kisses Ellie while raising a fist into the air. The crowd laughs.
May I present to you Mr and Mrs Joshua(Jake) Owen. 
They walk out to I've Got a Feeling.

Well it is the end of this book. I have enjoyed Jake and Ellie's story and I hope you have too.