Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Toni POV

I plop down on the couch as I tap the green button. "Hey Ken." I answer.

He lets out a deep sigh. "Hey Tone, how are you?" He says sounding a little upset.

"Um, I'm good. Thanks. How are you?" I say, kind of confused on why he's calling me sounding upset.

"I'm in a situation, and I need someone to talk to.. the first person who popped up in my mind was you." He says which made a smile spread across my face.

"Okay, I'm at Tamar's, but I'm about to leave anyways. Meet me at my house in twenty minutes." I say as I get up from the couch.

"Okay, sounds good Tone." He says.

"Okay, see you soon." I say.

"Okay, later." He says before I hang up.

I make my way back into the kitchen, where Tamar is. "We're about to go." I say as I place my sunglasses that were on top of  my head back on my face. "Who's we? I heard my name a couple times." Tamar says as she scrolls down Instagram. I roll my eyes. "My boys & I."

"Oh where y'all going?" She asks. "Why must you be so nosey Tay?" I question as I make my way downstairs to get Denim & Diezel.

Before leaving, I told Tamar that I love her and then we headed home. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I noticed Ken's white Bentley sitting in my driveway.

I parked the car, then me and the boys got out. I watched as the boys rushed to Ken's car and I smiled as he winded the window down, greeting them with a smile. 

He then poke his head out of the window, looking my way. "Tone, how are you?" He greets. I nod with a smile. "I'm good, how are you?" I ask. He doesn't say anything. "You want to go inside and talk about it?" I ask. "If that's okay with you." He responds. "Of course." 

He gets out of the car and then makes his way to the passenger side back seat. "Peyton." I hear him whisper. He then kisses his teeth as he picks her up from her booster seat. I giggle as I see her, sound asleep in his arms. "You need help Ken?" I ask as I watch him struggle trying to carry both Peyton and her Doc Mcstuffins bookbag. He softly nods. I walk over to him, grabbing her bag then heading inside the house.

"You can lay her in my room." I say. "And I will know where that is?" Ken smartly says. "Diez do mom a huge favor and show him to my room." I demand. Diezel does what he is told.

5 minutes later.

Ken walks into my sitting room, deeply sighing as he plops down on the couch. "Being a single father is hard work." Ken says. I look at him in confusion. "Single father? What's up with you and Nicki?" I ask. He shot me a look. "She's a self centered biotch, I never knew someone could be so idiotic. I seriously can't believe I layed down with the fool." He says which caused me to giggle. I wanted to say I told you so, you could have had me a long time ago.. but thats a bit much. 

"Tell me what happened Ken, you're not giving me the full story." I say. "Nicole has been neglecting Peyton every since she was born. I mean, she tells her thats she's worthless and nobody loves her and Peyton is actually believing this crap." He says. "I love Peyton more than I love anybody in this entire world.. I feel so bad that she was being brainwashed, and I didn't even notice." 

My heart is broken for Peyton. No one deserves to feel unloved or unappreaciated. She's a beautiful little angel who deserves love and I will do whatever it takes to give it to her. She is not just loved by Ken, she's loved by me.

***************************

Guys, I'm glad to be back! Stay tuned for more.