Date Night

"Okay, Mary. How do I look?" I asked my guardian as I entered the kitchen. She looked up from her laptop and smiled.

"Love it. What time do you think you'll be back?"

"Um, I'm not sure. My map says Brett's house is only, like, twenty minutes away. Maybe 11 or midnight. Is that okay?" I said, checking my phone and putting my shoes on.

"Well, it's a Saturday, so yeah. Text me when you get there and when you're on your way home. Love you!"

"Love you, too!" I shouted on my way out. As I got to Mary's car, Stiles' jeep pulled in behind it. I sighed and walked over to the driver's side. The window rolled down to reveal Stiles and Scott staring intently at me.

"I told you guys when I was leaving, so why are you here?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"There are rules, Riley," Stiles said.

"Like?"

"No sex!" Scott blurted, wide eyed and awkward.

"And don't let him grope you, got it?" Stiles said, nodding his head.

"Is that it?"

They exchanged glances, then nodded. I shook my head and walked back toward the car.

"Behave, Riley Whittemore!" Scott shouted from the passenger side as the jeep backed out. I got in the car and followed the GPS to Brett's house. I grabbed my phone and hurried to the door. I managed to get half a knock in on the door before Brett swung it open.

"Hey," I said, smiling. He smiled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, come in." I followed him to the living room and we stood just a couple of feet away from each other.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, glancing around.

"Um... My parents are out of town."

I nodded and sat on the couch, then he say next to me.

"What do you want to watch first?" he asked.

"Umm, Friday the 13th," I said, smiling. I could tell that Brett was kind of nervous, which made my smile wider. Brett got up, found the movie in the stack next to the tv, and popped it in.

"I'm gonna go make popcorn," he mumbled, hurrying to the kitchen. He came back with a bag a few minutes later. My phone rang and I quickly answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Mary, I literally just got to Brett's house. Cna I text you later?" I said.

"What the hell, Riley?!" Liam's voice said angrily. My eyes went wide and I sat up straight.

"Uh, Liam... Hi! Let me explain-"

The line went dead and I pulled my phone back, staring at the screen.

"That was Liam..." Brett said.