Instagram & The Movies

IntenseMase: i wish i could've gone :( have fun guys @SmileyyRileyy @liamdunbar

______________________________________

After uploading the selfie on Instagram, I pulled my shorts and sandals on. My mom had offered to pick up snacks on her way home from work, so I grabbed everything from my bed and stuffed it into my purse. She hauled the heavy bag over her shoulder and jogged down the stairs, toward the front door.

"Mom! Liam and Mrs. Dunbar are here!" I shouted.

"Okay, sweetheart! Text me when you're on your way home!" she shouted back from the kitchen. I jogged down the front steps and to the white Karola sitting in the driveway. I climbed into the backseat and smiled at Liam and his mom in the front seat.

"Hey, Riley," Mrs. Dunbar greeted from behind the wheel as she backed out of the driveway. 

"Hey! Sup, Liam?"

"I'm so ready for this movie!" Liam said excitedly.

"Me too! It's supposed to be the best horror movie of the year," I replied. Minutes later, we were dropped off at the theater entrance and Liam paid for our tickets. We walked inside and I offered to buy our drinks.

"Hi," said the older boy behind the counter. "What can I get you guys today?"

"Two medium Dr Pepper's, please," I said.

"Alright, that'll be $8.37." I gave him a 10 and told him to keep the change. We got our drinks and found our seats in the movie. We sat close to the back, far from everyone else.

"If I get scared, I'm grabbing your arm and probably leaving bruises," I whispered to Liam. Before the lights shut off, someone caught my eyes as they walked in. A boy with light brown hair, a very handsome face, and an athletic build was looking around the room.

His eyes landed on Liam, then me and he smiled. He walked over and sat directly in front of us. I slid down in my seat.

"That's Brett!" Liam hissed, which I'm sure Brett could hear him.

"I know..."

"Ugh. He gets on my nerves," Liam muttered.

"I know, bud. Just...calm down," I told him. He nodded and I opened my bag, knowing that snacks would cheer him up.

/

The lights cut back on as the ending credits rolled. We tossed our trash and drinks away outside the theater room and walked toward the bathrooms.

"I need to pee so bad," I laughed. We entered our bathrooms and once I was finished, I went to the sinks to wash my hands. The bathroom door opened and I turned my head to see Brett leaning against the door, a smile on his face.

"What the hell are you doing in the ladies room?!" I hissed, drying my hands and leaning against the sink.

"I wanted to officially meet you," he said, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans. I smiled and walked toward him, giving him a small hug.

"I better get going. Liam will think I'm sick or something. I'll catch ya later, Talbot."

He nodded and I exited the bathroom. Liam came out of the men's room at the same time and we headed out toward his mom's car.