Prelude

He was just an ordinary boy.  A boy who had absolutely no idea what today would bring his way. This was how Jacob felt every day in the morning, but today, it was especially true.  Jacob was a 17 year old Senior in High School who would deal with any problems when they happened and not stress about them before hand.  Today was yet another day of school, but unlike other students, Jacob actually enjoyed going to school.  He payed attention in class, studied for his tests, and made good grades.  He also never fell asleep in class without a very good reason.

Jacob made it to school expecting to have yet another ordinary day.  The moment he stepped through the school doors, however, he could tell instantly that something was off.  He didn't think about it much, though, as he spotted his friends and decided to spend some time with them before classes started.  And that is when Jacob knew something was wrong.  When he opened his mouth to greet his friends, he yawned, and his friends noticed.

"Are you okay, J.T.?" said his girlfriend Chelsea, using the name everybody knew him by.  "Did you get a full 8 hours of sleep last night?" "Yes, and more." He replied, "Must be an off day"  He didn't have the largest group of fiends, but he had enough who all cared for each other.  There were 14 of them in total, and they all stuck by each other's side through any crisis.  Before any of his friends could say anything else, Chelsea yawned.  Jacob watched as the yawn traveled from her to every one of his friends.  "Strange thing are definitely happening today." thought Jacob. Just then, the school bell rang, signaling that they had five minutes to get to class.

Jacob and his friends quickly parted ways as they each went to their separate classes.  Jacob's class was Calculus, and he loved it. Calculus was one of the few classes that gave him a challenge, and he was hoped that it could dispel this dark cloud that had settled over him.  When class started, however, Jacob felt as tired as ever.  As the class slowly went by, his eyelids started to droop, and he was fighting himself every moment to keep from falling asleep.  A few moments later, he couldn't see straight, and soon he realized that his vision was not only blurry, it was also spinning.  He could no longer see the classroom, or even the desk he was sitting at.  His last thought before everything went black was, "This can't be good."  Little did he know that all of his friends were suffering the exact same fate.