Chapter 2

Merrick's face turned pale. "They're here," he says, his voice filled with dread. "Quickly, follow me." Gabriel and Allyssa followed Merrick through a different door leading to the back of the house. Merrick gestured toward two packs sitting by the outside door. "Take these packs. They have food, coin, and information about Athos. Read all of it when you get the chance. Take them and follow the red ribbons outside to Dragon Glen. Take each ribbon as you go so no one can follow you. Oh, and don't worry, the dragons are usually very friendly to visitors."

Gabriel and Allyssa shared a worried look none the less. They grabbed the packs and were just about to leave when Allyssa asked, "Will we ever see you again?" Merrick smiled, "If I survive this encounter, then it is possible that our paths may cross again. Good luck you two. Now Go! Run!"

Some of the trees around the house had different colored ribbons tied around them, and it took them a moment to find the first red ribbon. As soon as they found it, they took off running towards it. Gabriel grabbed the ribbon as they passed and pulled it off the tree without even slowing down. The ribbons weren't in a straight line, but they were spaced just right, so they never had to slow down between reaching one ribbon and finding the next.

While they ran, they lost all sense of time and direction. They did not stop. They did not look back. They just kept running. They both hoped Merrick would be okay, but at the same time, they were worried about their own safety. So they did as the old man told them. They ran, and they would not stop until they had reached the end of the path. "What did Merrick say was at the end of this path?" asked Gabriel. Allyssa answered with, "A place called Dragon Glen, whatever the heck that means." "I wonder what the dragons are like," he wondered aloud. "I don't know," she said, "But I think we are about to find out." she says this for two reasons. First, there isn't another ribbon to follow. Second, the shadow of a large beast had just passed right over them.

They tried to follow the shadow, but it was gone seconds after it appeared. Whatever the creature was, it was extremely fast. It was also, extremely silent. When they stopped, Gabriel turned to Allyssa and was about to suggest that they sit down and rest for a bit, but what happened next went by too fast for either of them to react. One moment, he was about to speak, and the next, they were both flying through the air in the claws of a dragon.

They never even had the chance to scream.  By the time their brains registered what was happening to them, they were already moving too fast to breath properly.  The view was breath taking, and feeling of flying was exhilarating, but non of this was on their minds.  They only felt panic and terror at being at the mercy of such a huge beast.  This feeling became amplified when the dragon changed direction.  It was no longer flying across the land; it was flying straight up.

It was hard for them to breath before, but now it was downright impossible.  The extreme speed combines with the steadily thinning air made it literally impossible to breath.  Soon, their vision became black around the edges, and they knew that soon, they would pass out from the lack of air.  They both took one final look at the other before they passed out in the dragon's grip.  Both believing that they would never wake up.  Little did they know that the dragon had absolutely no intention of killing them, but that he was actually trying to save them.

(This chapter is short compared to the last one, but that is just how the story is.  There will be long chapters, and there will be short chapters.  Sorry it wasn't much of an update this week, but the story just felt like it was time to turn to a new chapter. Please leave comments. Let me know what you like or don't like about it so far. Also let me know if there is anything you want to see in this story. This is my first story, so please let me know how I am doing.)