In The Arms Of An Angel

(A/N) Another part what do you know!
________________________

"Hello there Castiel." The former angel looked up at the reaper in slight shock.

"Hotaru, what are you doing here?"

Her countenance held that of slyness. "Not much, just visiting my favorite angel."

"I'm the only angel you have contact with."

"Oh hush." She took a seat next to him on the park bench where he sat, hot dog in his hand. "Is your food good?"

"Good enough. Humans have a fascination with putting things in their food that could kill them."

She giggled. "Well of course, the greasier the better." Plucking the mystery meat dish from his hands she took a bite sighing in contentment. "You know, if you buy turkey dogs you won't have to worry about what kind of meat is in it."

"I prefer not knowing." He tried taking it back, but she avoided him easily shoving the rest of it in her mouth. "I was going to eat that."

"I know, but now I have an excuse to buy you something better." Standing up she dragged him up with her.

"Hotaru, why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

Castiel took her hands causing them both to stop mid stride. "This." He motioned between them. "You haven't chosen to age up either, is staying in a child's body really what you want?"

She stared at the ground a blank stare upon her face before she quickly rubbed her eyes and looked up at him. "I don't have an ulterior motive right now, and as for the body." She smiled softly, the first he's seen her have in a long time. "Children are more receptive to one of their own."

"I suppose that makes sense."

"Of course it does." She punched his arm lightly before grabbing his hand. "There's a food truck around here with elephant ears that are to die for."

"I'm assuming it's not actually the ear of an elephant."

"No honey." She laughed. "It's dough with cinnamon sugar on top, or you can do chocolate."

"Sounds delightful."

"Well of course." Getting them to the truck she ordered their food, but before she could hand the man her money Castiel did so. "Oi, I was going to pay."

"I know, I'm just trying to be a gentleman." 

She scoffed lightly as she began to eat her food. "So, what do you think?" She asked. 

"Delightful, but I am still confused about the title." 

"It's better not to think about it. Anyways, see you next time darling, and I'm expecting you to hold me in your big strong arms." 

Castiel watched as she disappeared then let out a heavy sigh. "I probably would've preferred to hold you now." 

(Okay, so it's been how many years now? Anywho, I started this years ago when I was still writing on here and decided I'd finish this chapter today. I don't know if I'll continue writing this fandom since I'm currently caught up in another. *cough cough* BTS. But I hope anyone who is still interested enjoys) 

Check out my other account even though I don't really write on it a whole bunch

Wattpad- chimchimshookytae

Ao3- Richardhux