연습

N POV
Leo and I were on our way for the very first script reading. I kept on sipping on my bottle as I mentally rehearsed my lines. Leo was seated by my side and was nonchalantly listening to his music.

I looked over and stared at him. I never understood how looking at him could calm me down. It's as if all the uneasiness gets absorbed by him.

Almost instantaneously, Leo looked up from his phone, as if he felt an intent gaze, and we made eye contact. His eyes was filled with mixed emotions, some I could not register. My heart thumped even faster and harder as the interaction continued.

"Leo-ssi. N-ssi. We have arrived. I will pick you up in 3 hours time at this location as well."

At the sound of our manager's voice, we broke the eye contact and attempted to take our bags to leave. In a hurry, I accidentally brushed my hands against Leo's. The sudden rush of sparks caused a chain reaction and boosted my adrenaline to leave the van even faster.

I looked down to hide my burning face and quickened my pace into the building. Ignoring Leo's calls to wait up, I went straight to the toilet and shouted for him to go up first.

I splashed water on my face and patted my cheeks trying to snap out of my thoughts. I stayed in the toilet for a good 6 minutes before making my way to the meeting room.

As I entered, I noticed all the actors in the cast seated around a long table. I bowed and greeted before apologising and taking my seat next to Leo. Fortunately, neither Leo nor anyone else asked me any questions.

Everyone looked very professional. They practiced their lines and sang along to the ensemble. The atmosphere and the incident that happened earlier that day, made me really nervous just to be in the room.

As it neared my turn, I involuntarily started to shake my legs under the table. Leo reached out his hands onto my thigh and gave it a squeeze along with a reassuring smile. I whispered a 'thank you' and took a deep breath.

Somehow, I managed to get through the 3 hour long script reading session without making any more mistakes. On the way back to the dorm, I reprimanded myself for being so unprofessional and freting over such minor issues.

From that day on, I worked harder and harder at each rehearsal. However, it was still slightly awkward during our scene.

We had done the blocking a few days back but the blocking was rather very intimate. The scene was a party in a ballroom setting. We came with our 'dates' but on the dance floor our characters accidentally switched wrongly so they danced together instead. The lights settle on them as if time froze. My character would then start to realise and speak out loud that he was in love with Leo's character.

My long dance journey of ups and downs and our successful lives as an idol made it easier to remember and dance well. I had to wrap my hand around Leo's waist and the other interlocking with Leo's hand in the air. I had no choice but to always look behind Leo as he recited his lines because of how much more gorgeous Leo looked a up close.

Leo's black hair that looked so soft which made me want to reach out and brush his fingers through them. His sharp jawline and nose that seemed to be able to cut through anything. And his lips. Oh his lips were so plump and glossy from the lipbalm Leo had on. The black sleek suit he was wearing that fitted him so well just made me go even crazier.

God knows how I even dealt with all the rehearsals because before I knew it, it was the day of the premiere.