Chapter One

Darcy was dancing with strangers to a song that was only filled with screaming, a type of music that she had grown to love.

"Darcy?" Someone, that was not a part of the dance group that had been formed in the middle of the frat house living room, yelled loudly (but barely loud enough to be heard over the heavy music) from behind her. The person reached for her arm to turn her around, almost making her spill the liquid that filled her plastic cup.

"Yea-" She cut herself off when she realized who had called her. She spun on her heal, turning herself around, trying to escape his presence until he grabbed her hand, stopping her from getting away.

"Let's go outside." He demanded as he wrapped his hand in hers, aggressively.

Once they both reached outside, hand in hand, in the cool night air of Tennessee, he hugged her tight until she pushed him off.

"Don't hug me, Matthew" Darcy said fiercely as she crossed her arms.

"You still mad?" Matthew said in his alluring English accent, letting out a chuckle at the end of his question.

"Just don't touch me and I'll be fine, okay? Why are you even here? Didn't you drop out last year or something to do your stupid music thing?"

"Why do you care?" He said with a smirk that made Darcy almost want to throw up her drink.

"I can't stand you. I'm going back inside." She said in disgust towards Matthew.

"No you're not." He said as he reached towards her waist with his hand and pulled her back to him.

~~~

"I'm going to regret this tomorrow" Darcy said under her breath as she sat in the passenger seat of, her old boyfriend, Matthew Healy's car.

"What did you say?"

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Well, there is no one else in the car except for us. It's kind of weird if you ask me" Matthew said, instigating Darcy for an argument. Over the time they had known each other, he had started to love the feeling of getting her mad.

Knowing that he was only trying to get her to speak up in an angry matter, Darcy stayed quiet and continued to look out of the window until Matthew broke the silence.

"I said that you're kind of weird. Do you not care that I just insulted you?"

"I don't really care at all about anything that has to do with you" Darcy said with attitude. It was her turn to get him mad. Except that it didn't work, all she got out of him was a deep sigh. She always despised when he did that, he only did that when he wanted to say something but did not know how to say it.

Ever since they had met, she had grown to fall in love with the way that he never knew what to say so he always sighed, and that's why she hated it so much.

Darcy couldn't handle the awkward feeling in the air from the silence so she spoke out.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see, love." As Matthew said that, Darcy could feel all of those old feelings arise from where they were hidden somewhere inside of her.