Chapter Three

“I missed that, so much” Darcy expressed her longing, for his fingers to be interlocked with hers, through words.

“I didn’t” Matthew said, ending his remark with his famous smirk, but still holding onto her hand, that was placed on her thigh, as he sat in the driver’s seat.

Darcy knew by now that he was kidding.

It was crazy how they hadn’t seen or spoken to each other for more than a year, yet she remembered almost every little thing about him: the way he joked around (in a way that could’ve been misinterpreted as bullying), the way he sighed when he didn’t know what to say, the way he showed his affection for people.

“Why did you bring me back to that restaurant anyways? How did you not think I’d be upset about it?”

“Stop bringing it up. I already told you, I thought it would be cute.”

Darcy, sucking her teeth in annoyance, detached her hand from his. Only to be reattached by him.

“Don’t let go again, Darcy.”

The feeling this boy gave her almost made her shiver. The way he made her feel could either be miserable and ill-tempered or like she was on cloud nine. How could she completely abhor him, but be entirely in love with him?

The rest of the car ride was filled with Darcy and Matthew not saying a word, but also saying abundance by the way that they played with each other’s hands and looked at each other.

After directing him to her house, he pulled onto the driveway, making it a short walk from the car to the house door. As she got out, she asked through the window if he needed to stay there for the night.

“No, my other girl is letting me stay at her place.”

She knew that something was going to make her wretched, and a part of her knew it would have to do with him.

---

(a/n) sorry this chapter was so short! i stayed up all night so i was kind of lazy and tired to write today. i'll make sure to make the next chapter extra eventful and long :)