Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

I paced my bedroom floor waiting for Robin to come; he was going to fill me in on the plan for tomorrow. Not to mention he hadn't visited me since we kissed a week ago. Maybe he had a change of heart? Every night I would leave my bedroom window open praying he would jump through and smile. But every night was a bitter disappointment. I had news of my own; Gisbourn had come that morning to 'fill me in' on tomorrow schedule. I sat on my bed and watched the rain hit the eaves of the roof. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed. Mother made me get it cut; it now only fell to my shoulder blades, another thing Robin was yet to see; if he ever turns up. I heard a bird whistle from my window. I stood up on my knees and looked out of the window. There was nothing, only rain, not even the moon shone tonight. I shook my head as another whistle sounded; I looked outside and felt Robin's lips on mine.

"Miss me?" he sighed as our lips parted and he jumped in through the window. I wasn't going to indulge his ego by saying that everyday seemed to lag and get longer when he wasn't near.

"No I have kept myself quiet busy in fact, dealing with the Gisbourn problem," I pulled at the ends of my hair.

"Your hair?" he walked over the twisted the ends in his fingers,

"Mother said it is the length of all noble women. Long hair represents the lower class," I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around his torso. I placed my head on his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat.

"So you did miss me," he laughed and rested his chin on top of my head as his arms wound around me.

"Every minute," I sighed giving into him.

"So what is Gisbourn's schedule for tomorrow?" he let me go and moved to my bed. I leaned against the dressing table and looked to the ground.

"Well, he will pick me up at eight and then present me to the Sheriff and Prince John as his... who knows what, I am sitting with them in the Royal box. Then Gisbourn shall leave me so that he may compete as the winner receives three hundred gold pieces and... a...a kiss from me," I looked up to meet Robin's smiled,

"What is so funny?" I sighed,

"Nothing, I'm just thinking I better win this thing then," he laughed,

"You can't the winner will be exposed as Robin Hood, you were right it was a ploy to lure you out, you have to let someone else win," I walked over and kneeled in front of him.

"I can't let anyone kiss you though, I have to win and I will, and I will be fine, we have a plan," he rested his forehead against mine.

"What?"

"Well, that is a surprise," he whispered,

"Why haven't you visited lately, every night I leave the window open and you never came," I moved my head away from his and looked in his eyes,

"Never came, every night I would sit on you window sill and watch you dream, no doubt about me but..."I laughed and hit his shoulder, he chuckled and took my hand in his giving it a little squeeze. I placed my free hand on the side of his face and smiled meekly. I didn't want him to go through with it, I couldn't lose him, not now, not after I just found him. He took a strand of my hair and twisted it in his fingers.

"I'll be fine, I promise you and after tomorrow you and me will be together with no Gisbourn troubles at all..." he sighed,

"Wait... you're not going to kill him are you?" I stated a little too loud for my quiet household.

"Shh," Robin stood up. I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Marian who are you talking too?" mother questioned puttered down the hallway.