Chapter 10

((This is going to be a very special chapter, Raven's story!))

Raven P.O.V

  I sat down on the couch with Vincent and tapped my head.

"I was born before my brother. My dad got mad at that because he wanted a son. My mom...well...she didn't say anything to upset him. She knew if she did he would beat her or leave her. I believe my mom was a singer before she met my father. He pulled her away from that life with sweet promises of a better life with him. Soon he turned very bad to her. He claimed she was ugly and forced her to have many plastic surgeries and she just went along with it. I had to see her go through that my childhood. She looked like a doll...a weird doll with huge lips and short curly hair. Nothing about her was what she was before. I look a lot like my mom and I can only see that from pictures." I cleared my throat.

"I never spoke up, I never spoke much at all. My brother would make fun of me...my dad would yell at me. I still wouldn't speak. My mom just stood there and watched like she was deaf and blind. Never chose to help me. The day I decided to rebel and dye my hair and buy new clothes. That really angered them.... I angered them that whole day. I finally got the money to do all the things I wanted from working 2 jobs. I always wanted to work to get away from the house."

Raven 16 P.O.V.

I woke up and stretched my legs and arms. I quickly got out of bed and got dressed. All I had were cute pink or yellow clothes that were way too small for me. Everyone was still asleep and I crept out the door.

Her Dad P.O.V.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. After I came out of the bathroom I noticed Raven's door was open. I walked in the doorway.

"Get up already..." I got no answer. "Answer me and get up you rat!" I pulled her covers away and she wasn't there. "I told her not to leave her room until I got her up!" I ran downstairs and she was no where to be found.

"Maybe she had work." My wife said going to the fridge.

"When she gets home she is in a whole bunch of trouble. I told her never to leave without an explanation!" I yelled at her and she didn't respond. She just held a bottle of beer in her hand.

"We should just give Raven away then it will only be me." My son Jack said.

"And risk her finding happiness...no."I said. "She doesn't deserve happiness."

"Yeah...no one would even want her anyways." He responded and I laughed.

Raven 16 P.O.V.

I bought lots of new black dresses, skirts, shirts, and a pair of black combat boots at the mall. I also found a choker with spikes on it. I really never want to take it off. These clothes made me so happy. I felt so happy this morning. I'm trying not to think of what will happen when I get home. I bought black eyeliner and put it on pretty like the girls I see on tv. I walked into the hair salon and sat down. I have very long hair and I brought a lot of money in with me. I told the ladies I wanted my hair to be all jet black. Dark hair is so pretty. I spent such a long time in there. I didn't want to look when it was done. Too excited! She told me to open my eyes and she made it look so beautiful. She also gave me straight across thick bangs and everything was a pretty black.

"It looks so well with your skin tone sweetie. Your eyes compliment it so pretty." She smiled at me.

"Thank you so much!" I touched it all over giggling and blushing at myself. I don't recall giggling that much in my life. "Do you have a changing room?" I asked almost bouncing in my seat.

"Over there sweetie." She pointed to a room.

I went inside and put on my favorite new outfit. A black dress with buttons and black leggings. I put on my new boots and my choker. I opened the door again and stepped out looking in every mirror I saw.