Chapter 14

Vincent P.O.V.

   I was laying in bed around 3 a.m. just staring at the ceiling above. I was not upset I was just worried. I am not used to such big changes and everything I have ever done lingers in the back of my mind. Sometimes I think about...if I could trade places with people I hurt I would. But I can not just leave Raven behind. What did I do to deserve a sweet escape of everything I did? I do not even miss my mask anymore. Am I more insane than I thought? I felt Raven whimper in her sleep and not too long after she had a strong grip around my body hugging me. She must be worried someone will get us. I do not want to think about that stuff.

Raven P.O.V.

  I woke up alone in the bed and the sound of the shower in the next room. I wonder why Vincent has been a little quiet lately...did I do something?

  "Vincent?" I opened the bathroom door and he must not have heard me. But I did hear him softly humming in the shower. I slowly closed the door back up and walked into the living room. Sometimes I forget I live here and not in Ambrose or even an abandoned cabin in the woods. Blood all over the walls and me evilly laughing about my latest kill. I feel like an old person. I kind of enjoy it, I could not do it without Vincent though.

  "Vincent~" I spun around and fell onto the couch. Just thinking of him makes me flutter non stop. I can not wait to have our child.

  "Oh hey there." Vincent saw me on the couch and was drying his hair with a towel.

  "Hiya cutie!" I yelled a little more excited than I should be and he was kind of nervous. "Sorry I just missed you." My chest was going crazy while I was looking at him. I wanted to say something but there was a knock at the door.

   I got up and opened the door cautiously to see a woman standing there with a tray in her hands.

  "Can I help you, miss?" I asked while Vincent was watching.

  "I just wanted to welcome my new neighbors! I'm Kelly! Nice to meet you!" She held the tray to me and smiled wide.

  "Oh thank you." I took the tray laughing nervously. "I'm Raven."

  "Well if you ever need a girl pal to talk with or need anything at all you can come on over Raven!" She was grinning wide still.

  "This is my husband Vincent." I turned and smiled while motioning to Vincent. Her smile kind of faded but went back.

  "Oh your husband." She looked at him expressionless then smiled. "Nice to meet you both!" She walked off to the house next to us.

  "That was weird..." Vincent said.

  "No she was just being nice! I liked her and I am going to like her cookies too!" I set the tray down and smiled.

  I spent the day helping Vincent find a job or something he could do. We got some ideas with hin working places and set up interview dates. He was really nervous and I am worried it will hold him back.

  I looked out the window while cleaning to see Kelly in her yard planting flowers. Vincent was taking a nap so I decided to walk outside and greet her.

  "Hello." I said walking toward her.

  "Oh miss Raven!" She stood up patting herself off grinning. "Did you eat what I made you?"

  "I did have a couple they were nice, thank you Kelly." I said smiling.

  "You should come over for dinner one night or we can go to like somewhere to talk!" She said cheerfully.

  "Yeah I'd like that." I nodded and she looked me up and down carefully.

  "Are you...pregnant?" She asked bashfully.