Lesson #8: The Talk

Dear Darlings,

            There will come a point in your almost relationship that people are going to want to lay down some labels and titles. Don't be afraid of this- it's a good thing. Unless in course you're me and you're dating someone for work instead of love. Then you feel like a really crappy person but the world must go on.

            What I'm trying to say is embrace the title and the declaration of feelings. Feelings are great.

            Don't be afraid to open up to someone... they might just surprise you.

            Xoxo,
            Cassie

***

            It was a Thursday when I heard the knock on my door. It was a familiar knock, two times fast and one time slow. Kate shot me a weird look when I shuffled to the front of the flat to answer it.

            Calum wasn't supposed to be here tonight.

            I pulled the door open and smiled up at the tanned boy.

            "What are you doing here?" I asked rudely.

            "I need to use your laundry machine," He smirked.

            "What every girl wants to hear," I drawled, moving to let him inside. "You really have a way with words Mr. Hood."

            He rolled his eyes and trumped through my house like he was on a mission.

            "Hey Kate," He hummed, pausing to wave at my bundle of a best friend on the sofa.

            "Hey you," She smiled.

            "He needs our washing machine," I told her, swinging around the wall.

            "Make sure you charge him for the hydro," She smirked.

            "You guys are so mean to me," Calum laughed.

            I pushed on his back to lead us into the laundry room, swinging the door shut behind me.

            He dropped his bag of clothes onto the floor and started to throw them into the washer while I found myself a seat on top of the dryer.

            "Why are you doing your washing in my house?" I asked him, swinging my feet in the air.

            "The one at the hotel is broken," He said, eyebrows pinched together from reading the instructions on the detergent.

            "To this line," I told him, pointing to the groove in the cap.

            "Thanks,"

            "You're welcome," I beamed.

            The washer started and the comforting buzz filled the quiet room. I watched Calum with curious eyes, he looked nervous.

            "You okay?" I asked, biting down on my thumbnail.

            He nodded and came to stand between my legs, placing his hands down flat on my thighs. I wrapped them around his waist and offered a tiny grin.

            "How was work?" I whispered.

            "Long," He sighed. "We just did interviews all day."

            "The hard life of a rockstar," I snickered.

            "Eh!" He snapped, grabbing my face in his hand. He squished my cheeks together, causing me to giggle even more. "Be nice Sassy Cassie."