Prologue

Dear darlings,

            My name is Cassie Walker and I am writing this bible for you to help understand the most talked about and confusing creatures on the planet.

            Boys.

            Why am I writing this you may ask?

            I’m trying to earn myself a spot at one of the biggest fashion magazines in my country.

     The only way i'm going to get the job is if i can impress the editor.

            What’s my plan?

            I’m going to pick someone random and make him my boyfriend. And then I’m going to teach you how to do it too.

    This is going to be the easy part and i encourage all of you to follow in my footsteps. Go out and grab someone you think is cute. They won't even know what hit them... and people love surprises.

            As girls we have sat in darkness for too long. It is time for us to step out of our shadows and fight for what we want.

    Waiting for him to text you? Pick up the phone and text him right now. 

     Scared of telling him how you feel? Tell him. 

     Waiting to be asked to the prom? Go up and ask him yourself. 

     We do not need men to be in control of everything that happens in our lives. It's the 21st century for goodness sakes, we can do anything we want. 

     Think of me like an older sister, someone you can come to for all of your questions and someone you can confide in. I am here to help, not judge. 

     If there is one thing i have learned about life is that regret will wake up with you and go to bed with you everyday. It will haunt you until you can not take it anymore and you crack. 

            Say what you want to say. Do what you want to do and trust who you want to trust. Life is way too short to keep everything to yourself. This is the only life you're going to get and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

            This is the start of our journey together.

            And it all starts with a boy I met last week named Calum Hood.