My friends are few because I had an Eight Grade Syndrome

Chapter 1- New image

It all started when the fire nation attacked. Everything was destroyed by the heaven. But what left me thinking is that, why did heaven attacked us with fire? Isn’t that supposed to be hell?

That was a dream. A dream that changed my whole viewpoint and my whole strength as a human, which empowered me to be the man today, a man with a sense of justice. Do you know who I am? I am the transcendent between the heaven, earth and hell. The one who understands it all, the one who was given the vision of the prophecy. I therefore conclude that all of this is bullshit.

My morning delusions always start like that. I still can’t accept the fact that I had an Eight-grade syndrome.

I’m a fresh graduate from middle school. And today, the opening ceremony for my new life, the high school years. I’m leaving behind the former image of my eight-grade syndrome, the Prophet of life and death, the one who transcends between heaven, earth and hell. With that decision to leave that craziness behind, I decided to transfer to a high school where my classmates on middle school didn’t choose. And most of them went to the high school in my town. So to put it in better words, I’m studying to the next town, so that I can start a new life, all of that in exchange for 1 more hour of travel time.

I’m still not really used to talking normal, like, I’m still stuttering some words because I used to speak like Gandalf, or Yoda back then at middle school. I could have been the most popular guy back in middle school if it weren’t for my eight-grade syndrome. I still remember what happened.

Not so long ago..

It’s a windy day.. “A nice day, it is. A day for the retribution and justice for every living people in Earth!”

I sat down, thinking deeply. Then seconds pass by, a girl was approaching. She’s blushing. But as soon as she steps on my territory..

“YOU MORTAL! Don’t you dare step in my territory, you imbecile! You shall not pass!”

She then said.. “I see” then she ran away crying. I didn’t understand what this was back then.

Now with my normal self back, I guess that’s called a confession. And I missed that chance, to be dating the most popular girl in the school back then. After that incident, people started ignoring me, and I didn’t care anyway back then, but now, I really regret it.

            “And I hope that all of you will have fun in this school, freshmen!” the Student Council President of the school stated, giving an end to his very long and dramatic speech about people having fun and all the emotional stuff that can happen in high school that I highly believe that it’s only happening on novels.

            As I go back to the classroom, I’m feeling bored about the normal life that I chose. Should I go back to the life that I had? No, there’s no backing down now. This is what I have started, a start for humanity to rise back again! Oopps. It seems that I haven’t really moved on totally about my sickness..eh I mean my eight-grade syndrome. As I pass by, many people are looking at me, and I’m starting to feel anxious.

            “DID I WEAR MY PROPHET HAT?” that was all on my head when people started to look at me, I mean why the hell are they looking at me? “He looks hot” I hear the girls whisper each other.

            What the hell. All of my heartbeats and anxiety wasted just to know that I’m really good-looking. I guess that’s why the girl who tried to confess to me back on Middle school confessed to me. “I might be an airhead, but I’m really good looking” I accidentally uttered those words out in my mouth which was supposed to be in the narration, but.. whatever.