Chapter 3

Jewel Water above^^^

As we walk up the stairs getting closer and closer to Alpha Ace's office, my heart starts beating faster and more rapidly.

My wolf starts pacing but I can't calm her down.

She won't let me talk to her either.

As we get to the door, I smell something that makes my mouth water and my head spin.

It smelled like fresh pine and cologne.

I can sense more then one person is in there, by how many heartbeats I'm hearing.

Jewel knocks on the door and she walks in.

As soon as we walk in, I feel as I'm about to faint.
'Mate! Mate! Mate!' My wolf shouts over and over.

A guy around 6,2 with blonde hair and blue eyes.

He scans through all of us before his eyes finally land on me.
Everything seemed to stop while we just stared at each other. Jewel, Rylie, and Kate weren't in the picture anymore. It was just my mate.

His eyebrows furrow and he narrows his eyes slightly.

Jewel clears her throat and Alpha Ace glares at her.

"Who's this?" He asks, like he's slightly mad. God that voice...

"Remember Ace. You said Melanie was aloud to join our pack", Jewel reminds him.

He looks in my direction again and scans over my body quickly. I end up blushing and we lock eyes for a split second.

Does he not know we're mates? I wonder.

My wolf whimpers at the thought of him rejecting us.

"Oh", is all he says.

Hurt runs through me but I mask it over by looking away.

"Melanie as you know my brother, this is Alpha Ace, Noah, the Beta, and Maxx, the Gamma", Jewel tells me.

Noah has brown hair and is a couple inches shorter then Alpha Ace. Maxx is a blonde and is about the same height as Noah.

My wolf forced me to scan over them. I smile slightly and that's all I manage to do.

"So what does she need to do while she's here?" Jewel asks Alpha Ace, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Whatever you guys do I guess. I'm really busy though so..." He drawls tiredly and I realize he doesn't know.

I knew this would happen. All the planning on how perfect our lives would be when we did find each other went to waste.

Once he finds out that I'm his mate, we'll be rejected and I'll have to deal with the humiliation.

'Don't think like that' my wolf growls.
'There's still a chance'.

There's an awkward silence before Jewel heads to the door.

She gives him a look I can't read before we follow her back downstairs.

For the rest of the day, I've been sad. I can't help but think about Alpha Ace.

How would he not know? Does he not have a wolf to tell him that his mate was just in his office?

Every time that comes to mind, I feel like he does know. But why didn't he tell me is my only question.

Rylie decided to go spend the rest of the day with Alex and Jewel and Kate went shopping.

I would've gone if it weren't for the deep hatred I have for shopping. Thanks to my mom.

I notice how I haven't even been here for a day and I'm missing my parents so much. I tried calling them earlier but nobody answered.

Then my thoughts go back to Alpha Ace. He's just so good looking. How did he miss his first chance of knowing it was his mate? The one he's supposed to be with for the rest of his life. His soulmate.

Unless he already met someone and he's sticking with her.

'Will you stop. Your trying to get our hopes up', my growls frustrated.

'What else am I supposed to do? Obviously he doesn't want us or he's just oblivious', I reply and she huffs.

Soon I'm worried about whether Jewel and the girls know. When we came out of the room, they didn't say anything to me but they could be hiding it from me.

My wolf wants out. She wants to relieve stress but we can't really go out. Nobody has showed me the territory land. And I'm not risking traveling to another pack and getting killed.

Jewel said she would come get me for dinner, but honestly I didn't want to eat. Since so much drama has been happening lately, I can't even force myself to eat. Plus my wolf has been upset about our mate.

Maybe I'm cursed or something.

Remembering how I still didn't unpack yet, I get up and start taking my folded clothes out and placing them in the drawers. Setting the rest of my stuff in the bathroom and on the dresser, I collapse on the bed and snuggle into my blanket.

I can feel the tiredness dawning on me and my eyes start to close. Forcing them to stay open for a few more minutes, I run to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face.

Jewel still wasn't back so I decide I might be able to get in a small nap. Changing into shorts and a tank top I hop back and bed and try to get comfortable.

'Maybe I should brush my teeth', I tell my wolf when she sighs frustratingly.
Scrubbing my teeth and flossing quickly.

Hoping back into bed for the third time, I start to get hot.

'I should probably crack open a window', my wolf growls.

'No I'm tired. Go to sleep'.
I laugh and open the window anyways.

Finally satisfied, I get comfortable and end up falling asleep, thinking about my future with Alpha Ace...fantasy future.

---
Liking it so far ehh?👍
Cuz I hope you do.
Please let me know what your thinking.

-Dez