Chapter 9

Maxx above ^^^

I groan as a sudden stream of light hits my face.

Squinting my eyes, I see Jewel and Rylie above me.

"What time is it?" I ask tiredly and sit up.

Jewel glances at my alarm clock.

"Like 4:30."

"It's so early. Let me go back to sleep", I try to get comfortable again.

"No it's 4:30 pm", she adds.

"It's still too early", I complain.

"What is wrong with you? You haven't come out of the room for the past few days and I want to know what's up", she says and pulls me out of bed.

It's true. For three days it has been hell for me. I didn't get sick or anything but my wolf stopped talking to me and it's like she left my body.

The effect has made me exhausted and I've been sleeping longer then normal.

I have only came out of the room for food or to train, but that's about it.

"Look, I just needed some time okay guys. Truly I am fine, don't worry about me", I tell them and walk in the bathroom to brush my hair.

"I know this is about Ace Melanie. He does care about you", Jewel replies and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah but he's barely said a word to me since the first day of training. It like he's not even trying."

"That's because he hasn't gotten another chance to. Aren't you happy that he's not out already planning a life with someone else?" She asks.

"Of course I am. But this isn't normal", I sigh and go to my closet.

"Then why don't you say anything to him?"

I wished she would just drop the subject by now.

"I don't...can we just talk about something else?" I plead.

"Okay fine. Get ready. We're taking you up town", she says and I spin around.

"I don't think that's a good idea", I reply and sit down again.

"You have to stop acting like your locked in this room. You're eventually going to have to leave it sometime soon", Rylie tells me and goes to my closet.

"What are we doing uptown anyway?" I question.

"Great so you are going", Jewel exclaims completely avoiding my question.

"Yeah I guess. Just give me time to get ready at least", I roll my eyes playfully.

As we get to the huge mall, I huff.

I hate shopping, especially in crowded areas.

"Here we are ladies. The most fabulous place on the planet", Jewel says excitedly.

"So why are exactly are we here?" I ask suspiciously.

"To get us some dresses for tonight", she replies and hops out of her Sahara Wrangler.

I wish I had something this nice.

We enter the very big and populated mall and Jewel drags us to the dressy clothes department.