chapter 3

congratulations to Witchcraft12 who guessed what Steve's plan was!👌😄❤️

Steve's pov

I still held her cold hands. I had a plan.

"Guys I have an idea" I confessed

"what is it"? Bruce asked

"who cares just do it!" Clint said

I leaned in and could the stares of my team burning on me. I leaned in farther and closed the space between Natasha and I.

Natashas pov

i was training. punch after punch. my knuckles bled but i didn't notice.

from in my mind i felt something, like butterflies in my stomach.

i started punching softer now

"Natalia your pulling your punches"

the image faded and I was slowly coming back from reality. but something changed since my flashback started. i wasn't in my dance studio. i was on a couch. the butterflies in my stomach were going wild. that's when i realized soft lips were pressed against mine.Steve. i kissed back. he pulled away and i opened my eyes.

"Nat?"

"im ok Clint. " I said

i got up and gave him a hug. Tony came back into the room with a glass of water and handed it to me. that's not what i needed right now. i put the glass down and threw my arms around him.

"im glad your ok Red" he said

"me too. " I admitted
the avengers left except one. i turned to Steve.

"Nat i-

i stopped him

"thank you" I said

he came to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. i loved hugging Steve. my head rested on his chest and his head on my head.

"so Nat about what just happened"

"the kiss?" I asked

"yeah."
he scratched the back of his head. it was adorable.

"what about it?"

"you kissed back"

"I did"

he smiled and walked closer foolishly I did to. he sat his hands on my waist and kissed me.

it was wrong i couldn't love him, i was trained not to and i didn't know how

it was wrong i couldn't love him, i was trained not to and i didn't know how. i pulled away. tears glazed my eyes.

"Nat are you ok?"

I just nodded
he grabbed my hands. i knew what was coming i could see it in his eyes the way he smiled and blushed secretly hoping. those three little words that lead to your heart.

"Natasha i lo-

"Steve don't, i cant"

"why not? Do you love me Natasha?"

"i- love you can't"

i ran away. i told him i can't but i wanted to. i ran to my room and flopped on my bed.

Steve's pov

she left me there. I was going to tell her I love her. I guess she doesn't feel the same. but why would she kiss back? I walked to my room and took a shower and  hoped I didn't ruin our friendship.