Desperation

A few days later they were at the end of their case. The team figured out who killed the petty officer and locked him up. Ziva still seemed squirmish and bothered, but she wouldn't give in to what was wrong. At times, Tony would catch her staring at him, but she'd look away once he'd notice. That night Tony went to her apartment. Ziva opened her door and Tony noticed that her eyes were red and puffy. She'd been crying. When Ziva saw him at her doorstep she appeared to be startled yet relieved at the same time. She stared at him for a minute then invited him inside. The two of them sat on the couch and Ziva started to say something. "Why are you here?" she asked. Tony replied, "There's something wrong." She told him nothing was wrong, but he knew there was. Tony could tell that somewhere deep in her heart there was an empty feeling. She wanted something and he knew it. All Tony could think about was the way she acted around him now. They had both always known about their chemistry together, but Tony didn't think it would ever amount to anything. "What if she wanted to be with me?" Tony thought. Tony spotted some tears starting to roll down the side of Ziva's cheek. Tony took his hand and tucked Ziva's hair behind her ear. He then wiped her tears away and strocked her face in a delicate manner. He could see her eyes twinkle with desperation for a moment to be free of her pain. Tony felt Ziva's hand rub against his chest. He then ran his fingers through her hair and leaned in. Tony's lips pressed against Ziva's.