Part Four

“…” Nagato just stood there, looking straight at the director.

“Ah, yes…” The director pulled on the collar of his shirt. “I guess she wasn’t aware of the fact that there would be someone other than you two. She just got back in yesterday and I didn’t have much time to explain the entire situation to her.”

“No problem.” Donnie waved off his concern. “The Princess here is my concern anyway.” Diana could have sworn the word ‘unfortunately’ was thrown in there as well but it was a bit difficult to hear.

“Can we please get going?” Diana urged. It’s not like she was in a hurry or anything, but the faster she got to the destination, the faster she could get away from these three. She had no desire to go on this mission, but is was far better than just sitting around and doing nothing all day. Nagato just gave a slight nod and headed back out the door. “She’s a …strange one.” Diana muttered to herself. “I’m going on ahead.” And she walked out the door as well.

“Donnie. Can I have a word with you?” The director eyed him. Dannie looked back at his brother as if waiting for an answer. Donnie made a motion for Dannie to go on ahead. When the two of them were finally alone, a serious tone set in the air.

“What’s this about huh? You’re burning daylight here.” Donnie crossed his arms and just looked on to the director.

“Do you realize that you’re playing with fire here?” The director was in no mood for any sort of nonsense and Donnie too quick note of it.

“It’s what I do.” He remarked.

“Do you know who Diana is?” The director asked yet another question that seemed a little stupid to ask.

“She’s nothing but a princess. Nothing I can’t handle.”

“She is far more valuable than a princess mind you. Her father holds a great deal of power and one false move and this guild is done for. I know her father, I’ve known him for years and he is very protective of his only daughter. If you feel as though she is in any sort of real danger, you are to get her out immediately. She takes priority over the mission. Do I make myself clear?” His voice grew more stern and serious as he went on. “I won’t hesitate you black list both you and your brother if anything were to happen to this guild on your watch.”

“I got it. Little Miss Princess is a daddy’s girl but I can tell ya all she wants is to have a little fun.”

“I do not care so long as she comes back safe. Do you understand?” Donnie took a small step back from the pressure the director was giving off. The director himself was a very powerful man and for him to be enforcing such strict safety on one person, that must mean he’s dealing with something neither of them could possible understand.

“Yes sir…” He grumbled. With that he excused himself and quickly made it outside the HQ where the moon had set, but the sun has still yet to rise.

“What did he want?” Dannie asked as Donnie got into the carriage.

“Nothing much.” He glanced over at Diana. “Just gave me a bit of warning about the princess here.”

“Warning? What did he say?” Diana questioned Donnie.

“Just told me to handle you with extreme caution is all.” Donnie shrugged. Dannie gave the driver the good to go sign and finally the party was off on their Dragon hunting adventure.

It hadn’t taken long to reach Quivence for the party of four. The road got a little bumpy, shaking up the passengers a bit, but other than that the trip was uneventful. The carriage driver was more than happy to let the four of them off with all the glares he got from Donnie.