CHAPTER 5

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from The Hunger Games trilogy all rights go to Suzanne Collins. I do however own Quinn and her story.

The black and silver bodysuit clung tight to her skin as the tube raised her into the arena. Her arm throbbed where her tracker had been injected and her stomach churned nauseatingly as her hands trembled with adrenaline and her heart beat out of her chest. Quinn had said no goodbyes because she was coming out alive; she was going to fulfil her role in the rebellion and then she was going to kill President Snow. That would be her salvation. That would keep her going; keep her killing. The platform on which she stood came to a halt, her eyes were flooded with artificial sunlight and her nose was teased with the smell of salt water. As her eyes adjusted she heard the countdown.

10

Her fingers twitched as she positioned herself ready to dive into the water.

9

She scanned the Cornucopia for a weapon, smirking as her ice blue eyes landed on two bows and two quivers of arrows. One for her and one meant for Katniss.

8

Her eyes searched the tributes as she tried to locate Peeta. Quinn calculated that he would need her help first.

7

She found the boy and he sent her a brief nod; he would watch her back if she watched his.

6

Every muscle in her body tensed and her blonde hairs stood on end.

5

She scanned the podiums for Katniss, she had a made a promise and intended to keep it.

4

Katniss sent her a knowing glance, they would fight through the bloodbath together.

3

One last glance to Peeta.

2

She analysed the careers and picked her first victim.

1

As the gunshot rang out and 75th Hunger Games began, she dived head first into the ice cold water; her skin prickled and a shiver ran up her spine unacknowledged as she entered autopilot and swam as fast as she possibly could. Within no time her small palms grazed the rocks at the base of the cornucopia and she pulled herself up. Quinn's senses were in overdrive as her innate desire to survive took over her every thought. She was the first to reach the weapons so she safely secured a belt of knives around her waist and swung a quiver of arrows over her left shoulder. As Katniss approached the Victor from 5 tossed her the other bow and the duo pulled back an arrow ready to shoot as Finnick appeared in front of them.

"Good thing we're allies right?" He smirked as he held up his wrist to show Katniss a gold bracelet.

"Where'd you get that?" Katniss asked monotonously.

"Where do you think? Don't trust one and two. I'll go find Peeta." Finnick flinched as Quinn's arrow grazed his cheek as it sailed into another victor's eye. The cannon sounded as he slowly turned to stare at the archer, wide eyed. She would be lying if she said that she didn't consider sending her arrow slightly to the left.

"You could have killed me." Finnick gasped slightly, with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh please. If I was going to kill you then you'd be dead." Quinn rolled her eyes as she turned away from him. "If you two want to survive then I suggest we get out of here because if anyone else comes I won't hesitate to shoot you in the leg and leave."