Chapter 2

EXTENDED REST

  "At least I don't have to crawl through the damned window to see you after dark, now." Kyel said jokingly, sitting on my window.

  "Yet, you still did." I replied looking away from my mirror to Kyel.

  "Old habits die hard." He said shrugging his shoulder and moving to stand behind me. "Grow your hair longer, please?"

  I sighed knowing he wouldn't give up, so I gave him the next best thing to the answer he wanted. "I'll think about it." I saw his face light up. "But I'm not promising anything."

  "That answer is good enough for me," I went back to lining underneath my waterline, until he interrupted again. "Why don't you smudge it, you get a better look."

  "And you learned this how?"

  "You forget that I have plenty of daughters." He said tapping his left temple. "And each of them are a headache."

  "Kyel," my father called from the living room. "There's no need for you to sneak in and see my daughter now."

  I had a little giggle and Kyel sent a glare my way.

  "Sorry, Eric, still not used to being able to walk through the front door and up to her room."

  "And I don't want to think about what happens when you sneak in, so please come through the front door and I'll at least be able to have a chat to my best friend and new son-in-law."

  My phone chimed with a text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard you've caught yourself a man, I'm very proud of you.

I know you think I just got up and left you but I didn't, you and Akira mean the world to me, you're my twins. I'll be home soon to patch things up, I promise.

From: Unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eye twitched at the nickname. I couldn't help myself, and wrote back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Unknown

I don't see where you come off texting me out of the blue.

I have found my Mate and I don't plan on introducing him to you willingly in the near future. Text Akira, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you, unlike myself and Jackson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I looked up from my phone and to my dad. "I just got a text from mum."

  "What, now?" Jackson asked walking up to me and taking my phone from my hands. "She's not joking. The text completely gives it away as mum."

  "What did she say?" Akira shot up, looking eager.

  "'I've heard you've caught yourself a man, I'm very proud of you. I know you think that I just got up and left you, but I didn't. You and Akira mean the world to me, you're my Twins. I'll be home soon to patch things up, I promise.'" My eye twitched again.

  "What stupid response did Ai send to her?" Akira asked with so much venom in his voice that he could have passed off as a Vampire and not a Were.