Trauma

He was hiding, again, from his own subconsciousness. Stiles was barely breathing, listening closely for the irregular footsteps of the limping bandaged man. He could hear the rasping breathing of the foul creature and smell the decaying flesh.

From his hiding spot under his bed, Stiles watched as the nogitsune limped past his open bedroom door. It hesitated infront of the door that Stiles had left ajar. Stiles held his breath, regretting the fact that he didn't give three seconds of his time to close it.

After a while that felt like an eternity to Stiles, the nogitsune limped away. It was only after he heard the footsteps go down the stairs that he let himself breath. As Stiles took in some oxygen that his burning lungs craved, he felt light-headed and waited for it to pass before slowly sliding out from under his bed.

Stiles slowly made his way down the stairs into the living room. It was dark and Stiles could barely see the outline of the couch. Barely avoiding it without making any noise, Stiles creeped into the kitchen. He didn't see the pan from when he made dinner until he hit the handle with his torso. As it was falling to the ground, Stiles tried to catch it but it fell too fast and hit the tile floor with a loud bang.

In an instant, he saw the nogitsune infront of him, grinning. Stiles didn't realize he was walking backwards until he fell over the couch. Damn his clumsiness.

Flat on his back, Stiles watched as the nogitsune slowly bent down so his bandaged head was almost a foot away from Stiles face. Gagging at the smell of the rotting teeth, Stiles yelled,"What do you want from me?!" The nogitsune was silent as it stood up. "Do you mean, what do I want with us? Don't you Stiles." He responded. Stiles stood up. That was when the nogitsune lunged at Stiles, knocking him onto his back.

Stiles sat up, screaming. "It was just a dream. Nothing to worry about." He tried to convince himself that he was safe and the pack wouldn't let anything else happen to him.

Stiles got up and walked over to his bathroom. He knew he wouldn't get anymore sleep that night. It was three in the morning. Stiles had slept for three hours, that was above his average of two. He looked at himself in the mirror, checking the bags under his eyes. Hopefully no one would notice them. Stiles Splashed cold water over his face to wake himself up.

Sitting down at his desk, Stiles opened up his computer and watched a show on Netflix. After five episodes of the walking dead, Stiles headed down to the kitchen to get something to eat. His dad was working the night shift so he would get home at around seven and Stiles wanted to fix up a healthy breakfast for him.

After making pancakes and bacon, Stiles could hear his dad's car roll into the driveway. He put the plate of food on the table and went upstairs to get ready for school. Stiles threw on some black jeans with a plaid shirt over his favourite white t-shirt, brushed his teeth and packed his bag. He grabbed his phone and his car keys. Tripping on the last step as he made his way down the stairs. His dad greeted him with a mouth full of bacon. "Hey son, have a good day at school. Thanks for the bacon!" Stiles forced a smile.

On his way to cschool, Stiles stopped to get coffee. He knew that it would be a long day and he couldn't seem tired infront of the pack.

When Stiles arrived at the school, he saw Scott, Kira and Lydia standing in front of the school and he was surprised to see Derek with them. He was confused, Derek never showed up at the school unless something serious was happening. The group noticed him and watched Stiles as he walked towards them. Scott had a worried look on his face and Lydia was staring off into the distance, completely out of it.

Derek told the pack  about a sighting of a rogue were in the preserve. He wasn't sure what type but they needed to get rid of it before a civilian saw it."Who saw it?"Stiles was curious. this was the most interesting supernatural thing since the alpha pack. Stiles didn't thing the nogitsune was interesting, for him it was downright torture."I know a lot of people it this town Stiles, you don't need to know." Derek responded with an irritated voice. "I bet you do, I've never seen you hang out with anyone but us. I mean, we're cool but I didn't think we're that cool," Stiles said sarcastically. Derek looked angry."Shut up Stiles, you aren't helping." That shut Stiles up."Meet in the preserve once schools over." Then Derek turned around and left. Scott asked," what do you think it is guys?" For once, Stiles was speechless. He had no idea. If it wasn't a werewolf, werecoyote or a kanima, he had no idea.