Chapter 5

My phone has already died. Justin hung up a few minutes after I stopped crying. It's morning now, I can see a sliver of light shining through my curtains. I look at the clock and it's 8 in the morning. I get off my bed slowly and walked to my bathroom. There were deep, heavy bags under my eyes, they looked like black eyes. I splash water on my face, chest, and arms. I need to face whatever is outside in the living room. Get it over with.  I slowly walked to my bedroom door and unlocked it. I turned the nob, jumping at the sound of the door creaking while I opened it. 

I look in the living room that is across my room, it looks clean. I take a few steps into the hallway and get to the entrance of the kitchen. The bar part looks clean, except for the bottles that they brought in. I slowly walked around to the back side of the bar and found a knife on the floor. There was blood everywhere, it was splattered on the floor. There were footprints in the blood leading out of the door and on the door handle. I get a paper towel and  use it to open the front door to look on the sidewalk. There were blood droplets leading to the driveway and a mini pool where I'm assuming the door was. 

I didn't see anybody in the house. I didn't see the car. The gate was broken off of the fence. There were beer bottles on the sidewalk. Glass on the stairs. 

I didn't know what to do. I called Justin and there was no answer. I didn't have anyone else, so I go back into my room and lock the door behind me. I was terrified still, nothing eased how I felt. After looking at that, it made things worse! I pack up some things in a suitcase. I put my laptop and camera in another bag. I slipped on my shoes and went to go out the door when I heard someone knocking. 

I unlock my door and walk out slowly. I look through the peephole on the door and saw it was Justin. Finally. I open the door and practically jumped into his arms and sobbed. He held me for what seems like forever. I finally let go and he walked in with me and didn't even say a word. We walked straight into my room, grabbed one of my bags and packed more stuff into it, and started walking out the door. Let's get the hell out of here.

I grabbed the rest of my stuff and walked out with him. I closed the door and just stared at everything in the front yard, trying to piece together what could have happened. He grabbed my hand and walked me to the car. He put my stuff in the back seat. He parked on the other side of the street. Smart. We buckled up and he started to drive away.

I just kept thinking of what could have happened. Maybe someone was trying to rob us and they went to get help. Or maybe one was trying to slice something and the other was too drunk and stumbled into the knife. I fell asleep to my thoughts storming inside my head.

Woah. Who do you think got sliced? Do you think that the person is dead or alive? So many questionsssss. Feedback is always welcomed. 

~WordCount: 585~Written on 8-26-16~