Chapter 1

Dipper's POV

"Happy 18th Birthday kids!" Our parents said, giving us each a hug and handing us each a green gift wrapped box and a red ribbon to compliment the wrapping paper perfectly.

Mabel and I look at each other and lift the lids up at the same time, I pull out a blue and white cap with a blue pine tree on it and Mabel pulls out a grappling hook. We look at each other with confusion written all over our faces.

"What are these for?" I asked. It's been years since Mabel touched her grappling hook and since I've seen this cap. These are from our first trip to Gravity Falls, which was when we were 13 and I've tried to avoid for four years.

"You two are going back to Gravity Falls!" My parents said in unison. My face went from confusion to shock in a matter of a second.

"What why? Mom, dad, I can't go back there!" I practically screamed.

"And why not? The first time you kids went you absolutely loved it, but after the second time you refused to go back, and why is that?" My mom asked, folding her arms waiting for an explanation.

"Well, uh, um-" I stammered, rubbing my neck.

"Girl problems!" Mabel screamed, pushing me.

"Dipper, it's been four years since you've been, I'm pretty sure this girl is over it and you should be to! Plus you two are both finished with school and I don't want you two always be in the house." My mom said.

"Come on Dipper, it'll be fun!" Mabel said, looking at me with her big eyes.

"Fine." I gave in, with a sigh. If Mabel could succeed in anything, it would be getting her way with the use of her big eyes.

"You're the best!" Mabel squealed, giving me a hug and scampering up the stairs to her room in excitement. I slumped up the stairs to my room, and grabbed my suit case that was standing next to my closet.

I rumaged through my closet in search for some clothes, I crammed a bunch of clothes into the bag and reached in the back of my closet and grabbed a box. I opened it and started to rummage through it, I picked up a dusty book and wiped the dusty cover away. Journal number 3

I shoved the journal into my backpack, and put the cap onto my head and looked at myself in the mirror and sighed while adjusting the cap.

I saw Mabel's reflection in the mirror, "You ready bro?"

"I guess so." I said, still looking at myself in the mirror.

"The Mystery Twins, reunited at last!" Mabel squealed in excitement.

"Don't call us that! Let's go, btw I'm driving!" I said.

"No fair, you always drive!"

"No way you are driving! Not after what you did last time you drove!"

"I never knew that the ocean was that close!"

"It's the ocean! It's big, blue and you can't miss it!"

We began walking down the stairs, I grabbed my car keys from the counter and walked outside to my car. I opened the trunk and began packing our bags into the back. I closed the trunk and pulled out my phone, I went into my gallery and scrolled through the photos. I looked at a photo of our thirteenth birthday at Gravity Falls and sighed.

Mabel made her way to the car, carrying Waddels in her arms. She put him in the back seat and opened the passenger seat door and climbed in. "Come on!" She yelled.

I shoved my phone into my back pocket and walked to the drivers door and climbed in, I closed the door and buckled up. I put the keys in and started the car, "Bro, are you okay?"
"I'm worried about going back to Gravity Falls! What if- " I said, until Mabel interrupted me.

"Dipper, relax! Things will be fine, Bill is defeated and there's still some mysteries for you to solve!"

"It's not Bill, or the mysteries, it's, it's."

"Pacifica?" She asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"Wendy?"

"Yeah." I sighed.

We drove down our street and onto the freeway.

"Dipper, it's been 4 years! Wendy and Pacifica have probably moved on by now!"

"And what if they haven't?" I asked.

"Chill out! So what if they haven't, who cares!"

Things went silent, soon Mabel fell asleep and night fell. The road was silent, and I turned down a quiet dirt road, with trees on either side of the road.

A large sign that read 'Welcome to Gravity Falls, Oregon' glowed in the night. Nothing to see here I thought to myself, nothing to see here.

Sorry that this chapter is so short, I'll try make future chapters longer!
Comment, vote and share!

storyteller1001